Part-time Chief Operating Officer of IDEAS
We are seeking a bilingual professional (Spanish-English) with administrative experience. COO does fundraising (donations and impact investing), organizational development, and bookkeeping oversight. Supports the creative programmatic activities of IDEAS. Part time with possibly of growth.
The Institute for Development, Evaluation, Assistance, and Solutions (IDEAS) is a creative international non-profit. We have worked on 4 continents during 45 years. IDEAS uses an entrepreneurial approach in community economic development. We have created 15 social enterprises and 5 inclusive financial institutions. We assist NGOs and for-profits a triple bottom line (financial sustainability, social change, and environmental improvement). IDEAS supports social enterprises and impact investing to achieve the Social Development Goals. Our services include consulting, training, teaching, and evaluation. We use many evaluation methodologies, including impact evaluation. https://ideasnet.org/ We facilitate lending to Central American entrepreneurs in Mexico. https://ideasnet.org/central-american-immigrants/
The position: COO oversees administration and fundraises (donations, catalytic capital, and impact investments). Must be a self-starter, creative and entrepreneurial in selling our services. COO works with Dr. Carter Garber, the IDEAS CEO www.linkedin.com/in/cartergarber. Supports associate consultants who are essential team members. https://ideasnet.org/about-us/.
- Must work at a professional level in both Spanish and English.
- Have a Masters, MBA or doctorate degree
- At least 7 years of administrative experience with entrepreneurial NGOs or for-profits
- At least 10 years of experience of working in developing countries and communities
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience as IDEAS creates and assists social enterprises
- Experience in selling services such as consulting, training, and evaluation
- Some experience of coordination of professionals like consultants in paid projects
- Excellent writing skills in both languages for reports to clients, articles, and publications
- Please do not apply if do not have these required qualifications or their equivalent
- Knowledge of our skills like evaluation, impact investment, and inclusive finance
- QuickBooks experience for oversight of bookkeeping
- Experience with Software we use: WordPress, Mailchimp, YouTube, Microsoft Office
- Social media skills
Works flexible hours from own remote office in US, Mexico or Central America. The HQ is in Atlanta, Georgia, US but there is no expectation to work there.
Compensation is based on relevant experience and commensurate with previous pay level. May choose to be a consultant or a US employee (both are the same amount). The total will be negotiated based on the amount of time the individual has available and our needs. Approximately 20 hours/week with flexible hours. Hours and responsibilities could grow when fundraising is successful.
Recruitment: We work in teams of persons from many countries. For 4 decades we have had a diverse team, composed mainly of women and minorities. Position open until filled. Planned start date by end of October.
Application: Please send an email explain how your experience fulfills our requirements. Attach a CV and a professional writing sample to email@example.com. Please email questions. Please do not start the communications by a phone call or text.
For information on the job, see https://www.ideasnet.org/jobs/
You may apply to be an Associate Consultant: If you would like to be a Consultant, please send an email with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Info at https://ideasnet.org/get-involved/become-a-consultant/