Fair Count has built a large body of work in a relatively short amount of time in the realm of Civic Engagement. From the 2020 Census, to elections, to redistricting, and now to vaccine accessibility, Fair Count uses a long-term power-building model to support increased participation in historically marginalized communities. Fair Count seeks Complete Count Organizers who live in Middle and South Georgia to support and engage community partners, including policymakers, local organizations, and service providers and to execute on-the-ground strategies in targeted hard-to-count (HTC) communities in support of all civic engagement efforts, namely, the census, the American Community Survey, voting, and redistricting. The Complete Count Organizer will work closely with and under the direction of his/her/their Lead Organizer, the Field Coordinator, and the Program Director to build relationships with community leaders and organizations, plan campaigns/events that HTC communities will respond to and to deploy the vision of the team.
Complete Count Organizers excel at engagement and mobilization strategies, and maintain a working familiarity with various digital relational organizing strategies. Complete Count Organizers understand power building, are committed to long-term relationships with partners on the ground, and constantly seek new opportunities to increase capacity. Complete Count Organizers understand and appreciate the need for metrics – both quantitative and qualitative – to create both a narrative showcasing growth and for goal setting in the field.
Last, Complete Count Organizers will bring to the table a nimble attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit, as Fair Count is fast-acting organization tethered to a rapidly changing time and place, and expectations and definitions of success will be fluid as the organization grows and navigates new challenges.
Duties of the Complete Count Organizer include:
- Assist the Lead Organizer and coordinators with cultivating relationships in targeted areas through 1:1s between Fair Count and community-based organizations, particularly those in hard-to-count (HTC) areas;
- Executing both in-person and digital civic engagement campaigns;
- Maintaining updated and accurate contact databases of community leaders and organizations;
- Communicating resource needs for community-based stakeholder organizations;
- Staffing outreach events associated with community-based organizations and working closely with partners to ensure successful execution of each event;
- Representing Fair Count in HTC communities via presentations and meetings;
- Deploying various digital organizing and relational organizing tools in targeted area;
- Working with volunteers in the field;
- Door-knocking, lit dropping, call-making, and text-banking;
- Staffing phone banks, text banks and or canvass launches in turf;
- Performing other duties or special projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for community-based organizing;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Exceptional people skills and patience;
- Responsive and positive team player who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, and database management tools; and
- A strong commitment to racial equity and Fair Count’s values.
Due to COVID-19, Fair Count’s 25+ employees, are all teleworking. However, Complete Count Organizers still are able to travel to perform safe, socially-distanced work such as lit drops or door hanger campaigns. It is expected that field offices will open up around the state in late 2021 and throughout 2022. As such, Complete Count Organizers should have access to a fully insured vehicle and the ability to travel statewide.
- Fair Count works on EST/EDT—and requires participation in virtual team meetings;
- Collaborative communication is encouraged through G-chat, Signal, email, etc.;
Complete Count Organizers work 40 hours a week, however the schedule can shift so as to allow for work in the evenings and on weekends.
This posting is for a seasonal position that ends on December 31, 2022.
Additionally, Fair Count is a 100% vaccinated workplace, as allowed for by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Proof of vaccination will be required upon acceptance of a job offer.
Salary & Benefits:
Fair Count offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Application and Interview Procedure:
To apply, e-mail a cover letter, your resume, and a list of references to Adam Drucker at Adam@FairCount.org. Please do not contact by phone.
To deliver on our mission, Fair Count hires and supports a diverse team of the best and brightest, most mission-driven people available. We value diversity. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life, and work hard to create an environment where everyone on our team feels included, involved in key decisions that affect them, and encouraged to bring their full selves to work.