The Post Release Worker is responsible for providing post release services to UCs after they are released from an ORR facility. The Post Release Worker will be responsible for assessing, facilitating, and monitoring all assigned caseloads. All duties will be performed based on administrative training and direct supervision of the Assistant Program Director or designee. The Post Release will maintain a flexible, organized, and efficient work schedule and is subject to work overtime and be on-call.
- Conduct initial post release visit and identify goals to be completed, document goals in treatment plan.
- Conduct subsequent post release to monitor progress of goals in accordance with the ORR timelines.
- Complete post release visit documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with SWK and ORR standards.
- Link client and family with community resources and services.
- Maintain weekly logs, monthly reports and other records as required for program.
- Provide post release services within Southwest Key and ORR guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor as well as participate in weekly case review.
- Establish helping relationships with client and families and provide advocacy as specified by SWK and contract guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Provide crisis intervention for client and families submit reports to state child welfare authorities (Child Protective Services) when necessary.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for home visits.
- Travel to other cities and states as needed for required home visits, training, and implementation of new initiatives
- Complete home study cases as needed to support necessary program operations and/or ORR requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality for all client and program operations.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by Southwest Key and other relevant entities
- Attend all organizational, departmental and program meetings to ensure that up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy changes or practice are adhered t
- Must be available to travel to other SWK and community sites as needed to support necessary program operations.
- Develop and maintain productive relations with local, state, and federal contact
- Reconcile all business and travel-related expenses as required by SWK.
- Maintain a safe work environment that is free from distractions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral science.
- Knowledgeable about local social services and have experience with family preservation, working with immigrant populations, kinship care, and/or child welfare.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management, organization, and task completion skills and must be flexible to schedule changes.
- Experience working with children, youth, and/or families from high-risk backgrounds.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to travel during up to 75% of work week via plane and automobile.
- Maintain a clean driving record and must be eligible to drive on behalf of SWK.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and current driver’s insurance.
- Successful completion of all pre-hire requirements, 86 pre-service training hours and on the job shadowing.
- Compliance with pre-service TB testing and PPD Reading. Bi-annual TB testing and PPD reading required thereafter for continued employment.
- Compliance with annual requirement of training hours as mandated by SWK and ORR.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer programs as required by the position.
Any candidate that does not meet the job requirements must receive written approval from the ORR Project Officer
- Must have the ability to travel up to 75% of the work week via plane and automobile.
- Job requires extended periods of sitting and computer work.
This is a work from home job where high levels of self-motivation and organizational skills are needed. Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required dependent upon the assigned caseload and duties. Work schedules are subject to variation and extended hours and may include weekend and holiday hours as needed in order to satisfactorily complete all job duties in a timely manner.