Facilities / Office Coordinator - Full Employee Benefits!!
- Degree Level
- High School
About First Book:
First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches 510,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
About the position: The Facility Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting with internal office relocations; acquiring and installing office furniture; maintaining storage facility; assembling, repairing, destroying, and removing office furniture; and providing building services support as needed by the Facilities Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist staff with general office needs. (Installing white boards, bulletin boards, pictures, etc.)
• Assist with internal office moves
• Assist with the acquisition of office furniture
• Responsible for conference room setup for all-inclusive staff meetings
• Maintain storage facility
• Transport office files to storage facility as needed
• Assemble, repair, destroy, and remove office furniture from FB office space as needed
• Install office equipment as needed. (shredders, a/c unit, water dispenser, refrigerators)
• Prepare vacant office for incoming staff
• Other office and facilities duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to stay organized while multi-tasking
• Work well in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Two-year office manager or building assistant experience
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Work Hours: The required hours for this position are 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
See what First Book has been up to!:
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please contact us at email@example.com / 202-499-5935.