Director, Corporate Partnerships (CSR)
- Experience Level
About First Book:
First Book believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches 510,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week.
About the position:
First Book seeks a creative, entrepreneurial individual with excellent follow-through and writing abilities to lead new business development strategies for this fast-paced, cutting edge and collaborative nonprofit social enterprise. The position sources and cultivates corporate partnerships and focuses on capacity-building and programmatic strategies that support our organizational growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Senior VP of Strategic Alliances to develop overarching strategy to secure new corporate relationships in collaboration with Senior Leadership at First Book.
• Design and lead new business strategies to secure corporate funds to further First Book’s mission.
• Conceptualize, develop, and present partnership concepts and pitches to leading corporations.
• Develop formal proposals to secure corporate and philanthropic funding.
• Identify and submit formal proposals and applications in response to philanthropic RFPs.
• Collaborate across multiple functional teams to create and implement value-added, integrated programs that advance organizational goals.
• Collaborate with SVP and VP, Strategic Alliances on the ongoing development of the department including overall vision, operational processes, staffing, professional development, performance management, etc.
• Meet annual financial goals as determined by the Executive Team and SVP, Strategic Alliances.
• Respond to and undertake special projects that advance the department as requested by SVP, Strategic Alliances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
• Track record of meeting annual goals in excess of $1MM.
• Must possess creative, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Experience securing funds from Fortune 500 companies and/or major philanthropic foundations a requirement, with current contacts maintained at those institutions.
• Strong relationship management skills for dealing with a range of partners and industries.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and persuasively with internal staff and external clients.
• Fast learner with a strong team-focused, collaborative mentality.
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Experience with customer relationship management systems such as Salesforce
• Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills and time management required. Must have the ability to meet designated deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment as a member of a vibrant team.
• Travel is required as necessary, up to 40% during peak periods, unless precluded by global or regional safety and public health considerations.
Education and/or Experience:
• Demonstrated track record in sales and account management, with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a client services environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Prior work experience in private and social impact sectors
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
• Vacation leave
• Sick leave
• Eleven Annual Holidays
• 401K and employer matching pension contribution
• Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , 202-499-5935.