Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation seeks nominations and applications for the position of Direct Marketing Program Manager with the UNMF Acquisition (Annual Giving) team.
UNMF Acquisition team is committed to increasing the involvement of UNM alumni and friends through giving to the university. The Acquisition program consists of multiple fundraising programs including telemarketing, direct mail, email, social media, crowdfunding, and face-to-face fundraising.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of direct marketing materials for the Office of Acquisition and the tracking and reporting of department-wide performance metrics. This position will be highly involved in all stages of the project lifecycle from concept to development to proofing, including design guidance and strategy. The nature of the work is highly scheduled, deadline driven, and may feature competing stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the production of Acquisition mass marketing solicitations.
- Oversee the production and execution of email and digital Acquisition appeals, coordinating with vendors as appropriate.
- Assist in the writing, editing, and designing of varied donor correspondence and solicitation material for a range of communication vehicles including appeal letters, appeal emails, phonathon training materials, and stewardship pieces.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and development databases through close work with IT Reporting to ensure data is being used effectively.
- Use development databases and report writing software to retrieve and analyze data related to all aspects of the Acquisition program.
- Assist with Acquisition stewardship processes to produce timely, accurate, and personalized communications for gifts connected to Acquisition efforts
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Three (3) or more years of experience in annual fund/annual giving; preference in higher education
- Higher Education development office experience preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance 2016 database management software or other donor database management software
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
Please visit our website at www.unmfund.org/careers for application. Please submit cover letter and resume.
The UNM Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff.