Do you want to work in a BEAUTIFUL farm setting where you can make a difference every day and love your job?
The mission of McKenna Farms Therapy Services is to provide innovative therapeutic programs and resources for children with special needs and their families. We serve over 500 children each week with a variety of diagnoses and developmental delays. We offer physical, occupational, speech and equine therapies in a natural environment on our 30-acre farm, located at the border between Paulding and Cobb counties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, train, supervise and retain qualified and diverse volunteers
- Initiate contact and establish relationships with community organizations to solicit appropriate, qualified volunteers
- Deliver compelling speeches for the purpose of volunteer recruitment and marketing
- Attend community outreach events/volunteer fairs
- Work alongside Volunteer Director to manage and maintain Better Impact software, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security of all documentation
- Plan and implement volunteer enrichment activities and recognition activities to include team building and life event milestones
- Plan and lead regular Volunteer Orientation trainings
- Develop, schedule and manage group volunteer projects for companies, civic groups, Scouts, etc.
- Assist with public relations and marketing campaigns throughout the year
- Support Development Director in planning and executing special events, including the recruitment of volunteers for these events
- Work with Development Director to create social media content to promote and highlight volunteer program
SKILLS & ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Results-oriented with a passion to make an impact
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and efficient time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for volunteer activities
- No prior horse experience needed, but must be willing to learn general barn routines and horse care in order to effectively support barn volunteers