LENA is a national nonprofit changing early childhood. We integrate our “talk pedometer” technology into innovative programs to support parents, caregivers, and teachers to accelerate children’s language development, school readiness, and social-emotional health. We’re seeking a Regional Lead to cultivate relationships, set and achieve ambitious sales/revenue targets, and scale the impact LENA is having across a set of states. We are excited to expand our team as we continue on an ambitious growth trajectory: in 2021 we will serve more than 15,000 children and are on track to serve more than 100,000 children annually by 2025. Having recently secured $12 million in philanthropic funding to support our scaling efforts over the next few years, we are well positioned to meet the moment.
The Regional Lead will report directly to LENA’s Chief Growth Officer and will work closely with other Regional Leads and our Principal, Philanthropic Partnerships. Successful candidates recognize this is a sales position at its core but one that operates within the context of an incredibly purposeful mission.
We’re looking for someone who is a:
Relationship Builder: You understand the nuances of developing meaningful relationships, expanding your network to create and catalyze new connections. The individual processes you’ve developed over your career are leveraged through CRM and related tools to help you move quickly and prioritize which relationships to push forward when. You are a thoughtful ‘nudger’ and gain the trust of prospective partners leveraging authenticity, humor, and grace.
Puzzle Solver: You are motivated by goals, you want to set them and then you want to excel past them. You get excited by the puzzle pieces that need to fall into place to meet goals, and you are excited to celebrate with and learn from your colleagues. You understand the nuanced balance between cultivating long-term relationships and closing the deal.
Partner Connector: You live by LENA’s “high standards, low egos” value and are inspired to meet the needs of customers (partners). Your authentic curiosity leads to a deep understanding and appreciation of their context and allows you to successfully solve potential challenges with them. You’re eager to understand the motivations of and challenges facing prospective partners and use this information to inspire program commitments to partners’ highest capacity.
- Serve as key ambassador for LENA across a group of states
- Represent LENA at conferences, in collaborative meetings, networking events and through presentations to elevate LENA’s brand
- Organize and facilitate webinars and virtual learning opportunities
- Work with the Chief Growth Officer to set ambitious but achievable goals for reach and revenue across a region and doggedly work to meet those goals
- Leverage your ability to build relationships and trust with current partners; create opportunities for partners’ expansion and refer new organizations to LENA
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of LENA’s programs and the contexts where they are successful, ultimately translating that into sales
- Ensure LENA is well positioned across the region, working with other teams as appropriate: find pathways for sustainable funding; integrate LENA into state systems for QRIS/Professional Development; collaborate and serve as a valuable thought partner whose opinions and recommendations can drive outcomes
Your attributes and track record:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and drive sales (or relevant experience with fund development and/or partnerships). Bonus Points if you have experience scaling a project.
- A quick learner with flexibility and adaptiveness needed to meet the evolving needs of an entrepreneurial and growing organization
- High degree of comfort with technology and ability to leverage tools and tactics both to support your own work but also to effectively engage and manage your region (and leads)
- Can effectively, authentically, and persuasively communicate with strong attention to detail
- Experience working remotely with skill to build internal and external relationships, leveraging your own processes and systems to be successful in a hybrid organization
- More Bonus Points for understanding of early childhood/education systems and contexts, especially Head Start, CCR&Rs, state/county offices of education and school districts
- Desire to root your work in the social justice aspect of LENA’s mission and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as articulated through our core values.
Location: This is a remote position that involves travel across a dedicated region as well as occasional travel to LENA’s offices in Colorado.
LENA’s team is passionate, fun and supportive, to learn more visit: www.lena.org/joinourteam. We offer an excellent benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, generous PTO, 11 holidays and a 401k with match). The salary range for this role starts at $75,000. To apply, please submit cover letter with salary/compensation requirements and resume as a single pdf document to email@example.com. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet ever check box in this job description, we encourage you to still apply.
LENA is an equal opportunity employer, and LENA encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. EOE/M/F/D/V