Director of Marketing and Communications
7 days left
- Experience Level
Director of Marketing and Communications will establish and guide the strategy for all marketing and communications including but not limited to website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently articulate AVLF’s mission. This process includes creating marketing and communications campaigns, monitoring public opinions, and handling an organization's branding. He/she/they will also engage in fundraising campaigns. He/She/They will work closely with the Board of Directors, Leadership Council, and senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with senior leadership to develop integrated strategic communications messaging and planning for internal audiences and stakeholders that conveys leadership priorities, alignment and transparency on issues of importance to the organization.
- Works closely with Development Director and Executive Director to strategize and execute fundraising campaigns.
- Works with Development Director and Executive Director to plan and execute AVLF events.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the annual communications plan across the network's discreet audiences in collaboration with the AVLF’s team and constituents.
- Leads the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Serves as communications advisor and support to departmental leadership for effective division, department, and organization-wide level communications. Establish and oversee an internal communications working group of internal communicators from various departments
- Ensures communications include principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all work, embedding the values in program development, policy application, and organizational practices and processes.
- Coordinates webpage maintenance—ensures that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly; Tracks and measures the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manages development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and AVLF’s website
- Leads media outreach efforts and maintains relationships with media contacts
- Engages in special projects and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and seven (7) to ten (10) years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Works in a fast-paced office environment with work requiring multi-tasking. May require bending stopping and prolonged sitting and/or standing.
Comprehensive benefits package includes but is not limited to; dental, health, vision, 401k and PTO.