- Experience Level
About There With Care
There With Care is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to families and children during the critical phase of a medical crisis. Families with a child who has a critical illness are referred by medical social workers from local hospitals. There With Care builds support around families through a community of people and a network of services. Each family’s services are individualized to ease the challenges of life’s day-to-day obligations with compassion and care. There With Care was founded in 2005 and has service locations in Colorado, California and Tennessee.
The Operations Manager leads the overall operations of the team and helps ensure functioning processes to streamline the delivery of care. This role is the lead for all Operations-related activities, including inventory management, warehouse management, office management, data management, human resources, financial reporting, and general IT support. The Operations Manager also works closely with the Development Department to support major donor cultivation and stewardship, specifically along the lines of event support, donor acknowledgement, and communications.
- Manage financials including payables, receivables, and annual budget as well as restricted grants.
- Oversee financial reporting and annual taxes.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks strongly preferred.
Resource and Data Management
- Manage inventory to ensure that resources are available and families receive them.
- Manage There With Care’s database, including data entry, organization, and analysis. Provide data reports across departments to strengthen organizational knowledge. Produce annual metric reports.
- Train new staff on database and provide ongoing support.
Human Resource Management
- Serve as the lead HR person, including oversight of payroll, asset management, and staff hiring/exit protocols. Ensure compliance with onboarding as well as state and federal laws. Point person with TriNet and Medical Insurance Providers. Update Employee Handbook annually.
- Coordinate technology needs and provide trouble-shooting support to staff.
- Foster an environment that is caring and kind to our community of volunteers, donors, and partners.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines designed to protect our families and the organization. Continually evaluate these procedures and collaborate with Executive Director to update as necessary.
- Oversee operations of the office, warehouse, and pantry spaces, including supervision of operations staff and volunteers. Manage vendors and contracts.
- Liaise with founding chapter and collaborate to implement cross-chapter projects.
Qualities That Support Success in this Role:
- You want to be part of something bigger. Our mission inspires you. The idea of helping families and engaging the community to participate through your skills motivates you.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects and multiple people and are masterful at prioritizing, and re-prioritizing when necessary.
- Good at solving problems with compassion and care. You are willing to find a solution, adapt, then execute. And when you don’t have the answers, you aren’t hesitant to ask and learn.
- You have a sincere desire to understand the details of every aspect of the organization and are not afraid to ask for clarity when needed. You have impeccable attention to detail and put care into all you do.
- You have skills and experience to manage a budget and consider fiscal impact in all decisions.
- Working as a team, brainstorming and problem-solving together motivates you. You view feedback not as criticism, but as a way to have a better, stronger outcome. You naturally see ways to engage people and see the importance of building community.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Comfortable representing and connecting with the There With Care community.
- Able to engage in physical activity (e.g., walking, bending, lifting, carrying)
Strongly Desired Experience
- 3+ years of budget management, Quickbooks preferred
- 2+ years of database management, Salesforce preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in inventory management
- Strong computer skills and ability to use technology effectively. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Dropbox.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Benefits: Comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Hours of work: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some evenings and weekends maybe required.
Locations: Redwood City (main office and warehouse) with travel to San Francisco pantry.
Travel: Requires a reliable vehicle, valid Driver License and current vehicle insurance.
Criminal Background Check: This position requires a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
COVID-19: There With Care requires all employees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. There With Care will consider requests for exceptions to this policy when necessary to provide reasonable accommodation for an employee or applicant’s disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Alexander, Executive Director,
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
There With Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
There With Care embraces diversity and is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive environment for all individuals. As a policy, There With Care does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender expression, economic status or national origin. There With Care is a community of people who care about all people, and that care includes people of color. Care for others runs through the fabric of There With Care and is a part of everything we do. As an organization, we are dedicated to being better listeners and to act on what we learn. We commit to finding ways to be more inclusive by strengthening our practice of equality for all, including those in need, regardless of race, color, religion, gender expression, economic status or national origin.