Museum Services Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Center for Puppetry Arts is the largest nonprofit organization in the United States dedicated to the art form of puppetry. The Center’s mission is to inspire imagination, education, and community through the global art of puppetry. For further information, visit our website at www.puppet.org
Responsible for fostering a welcoming and accessible environment for visitors that aligns with the Center for Puppetry Arts’ values of creativity and curiosity. Maintains knowledgeability about the Center’s upcoming programming and assists with the implementation of regular event and public programming, the day-to-day maintenance of gallery spaces, and staffing of the Museum store.
- Opens and closes all exhibit areas daily, and assists in cleaning Museum cases & interactives daily.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests by actively engaging them, answering questions, assisting with way-finding, etc.
- Facilitates guest experience with gallery interactives & implements in-gallery educational programming.
- Gives regularly scheduled tours of Museum exhibits, as well as additional tours for school groups and other groups as scheduled.
- Acts as Museum Store Associate as scheduled.
- Communicates guest concerns to the Museum Operations Manager.
- Assists with Museum special events and rentals as scheduled.
- Supports scheduled Museum volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to Museum Operations Manager. Part-time; $12/hr; includes some vacation & sick days. Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday (9am-5pm) and Saturday (10am-5pm). Additional sub shifts available as needed.
To apply please email your resume and letter of interest to Kenny Oaster, Museum Operations Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.