Lazarus House Ministries offers an opportunity to work among a diverse group of dedicated professionals. You can make a real difference in the lives of families and individuals struggling with food insecurity, poverty and homelessness. This good service is born out of a strong team, faith in God and each other, dignity, respect, collaboration and a heart for people of all backgrounds who have found themselves in poverty. We serve our Guests through programs that include Advocacy, Shelter, Transitional Housing, Soup Kitchen, Community Resource Support and Thrift Stores.
Position Summary: The Grants Manager will play an essential role in Lazarus House’s ability to raise $4 million in general operating and program support. The Grants Manager will work closely with the Development Team and collaborate with the Executive Director, Director of Communications and Advocacy Team to create compelling grant proposals and funding requests. This position provides an opportunity to learn and/or expand one’s experience in all aspects of fundraising
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources with a goal of securing $900,000+ in operating support
- Maintain a grant proposal calendar of current funders and research and identify new grant funding opportunities
- As needed, identify and solicit funders for capital funds or projects that fall outside operating support
- Work with advocates and program coordinators to obtain stories about our guests that can be used in grant proposals and reports as well as to understand components of their program that may lead to specific funders or funding
- Work with the Director of Development to manage grantor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy. Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to maintain and increase future funding
- Work with finance and accounting to gather information necessary to report to foundation/corporate funders on current grant programs
- Communicate with program coordinators to develop program metrics that are useful to the program as well as interesting to funders
- Provide stewardship to current and prospective donors including:
- Regular written updates (foundation report)
- Onsite tours to foundation donors and prospective foundation donors
- Regular email correspondence to foundations
- Maintain current records in Raiser’s Edge Data Base, including tracking and extracting performance reports
- Perform other related duties as required
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House Ministries
- 4+ years fundraising experience including grant writing
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals
- Donor Management Systems experience, ideally Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree; bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus Insert Qualifications Here
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to the general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to operate equipment pertinent to your position.
- Lifting, moving, and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Travel from building to building within the ministry and external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have a mental illness or other challenges.
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors, and the general public.
- Manage multiple priorities
- Able to manage the stress of the job
TO APPLY SEND RESUME TO KGRANAHAN@LAZARUSHOUSE.ORG