Avow is a Tobacco Free Organization which includes but is not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, vaping, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip, and loose tobacco smoked via pipe or hookah.And due to the above, Avow will only hire Nicotine Free individuals.
To maintain timely and accurate collection of health information and its maintenance, storage, retention, and disclosure
of patient information and to act as a resource for medical record information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of patient's Protected Health Information (PHI) according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Audits health information records for completion upon admission.
- Follows regulatory and legal requirements related to Patient Health Information.
- Operates computer to process, store, and retrieve health information.
- Places dictated and written reports in the electronic health information records.
- Processes incoming mail related to health information records in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all records are properly signed (name and title) and identified with patient’s health information record number and date prior to scanning and/or attaching to the Electronic Medical Record.
Maintains system for:
- Tracking physicians’ orders and follows up on outstanding orders.
- Tracking recertification documentation within required timeframes.
- Tracking Facility/Provider Web Access
Process the following workflow:
- Process New Hospice Orders to Physician or Medical Director
- Resubmit Fax
- Verify Receipt of Signed Documents and Entry of Med Release Codes
- Send Hospice Order and POC Update to Facility
Process the following coordination notes:
- Demographic Change Request
- Request to Add New Facility or Physician
- Request For Medical Records To and From
Process the following administrative tasks:
- Run Hospice F2F Tracking Report
- Process Unsigned Orders
- Run Fax Status Report and Follow Up on Unsuccessful Faxes
- Reviews medical record information to identify the appropriate codes for patient accounts.
- Maintains physician database.
- Verify and track all current physician licenses
- Tracks / sends authentication letters.
- Maintains systematic health information record filing system.
- Makes available chart retrieval system and monitors system on regular basis.
- Provides health information record information as required by regulations and per policy.
- Process and track all requests for health information record information in response to requests from law firms (by court order only), insurance companies, and government agencies.
- Maintains list of approved and/or ‘Do not Use’ medical abbreviations.
- Maintains and monitors health information record management lists and ensures storage and destruction of records according to Record Retention Plan.
- Assists Director Operations Support in company forms, special projects or audits, as needed.
- Compiles information to assist in analyzing Operations Support audits.
- Ensures that there is an adequate number of forms available at each site.
- Monitors HIPAA compliance and reports breaches to the Privacy Official.
- Complete other job assignments, as directed.
We embrace change and are always looking at creative ways to solve problems and serve new populations.
We are honest, hardworking, fiscally responsible professionals driven solely by the well-being of our patients, their loved ones, and the communities we serve.
We know we cannot achieve everything we want without working hand-in-hand with each other, with our healthcare partners, and with the community.
We believe in the importance of celebrating life and relationships.
We believe it is important not only to serve the community but to educate community members about our services and the role we can play at the end of life.
Strong computer skills including database software and general knowledge of e-mail/Outlook.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Associates degree required in related field. One to two years of medical records experience preferred. Registered
health information technician required or obtained within two years of obtaining the position. Knowledge and
application of ICD-10 coding.
Communication skills of reading, writing, and speaking in English.
Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages/fractions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certificate of Accreditation in Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information
Technician (RHIT) preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this
job, the employee may be required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may need
to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee may also be required to see, hear, and talk.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. Field evaluations involve driving to patient homes.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or cancer)
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company paid)
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activities