About Prosperity Now
Prosperity Now is a leading national economic nonprofit working with diverse partners at the national, state, and local levels to create economic opportunity that allows U.S. families to build stability, wealth, and prosperity. Prosperity Now works to ensure that every individual and family in the U.S. can participate in, contribute to, and benefit from the economy by bringing together community practice, public policy, and private markets in new and effective ways. We design and implement initiatives that transform markets and local communities; facilitate idea exchange through national and regional convenings; and spearhead public policy change linked to disciplined research and grassroots experience of effective practice.
Summary To advance our fundraising priorities that promote systems-oriented solutions and racial economic justice, the Corporate Relations Officer will implement a comprehensive, integrated strategic partnership program; manage a portfolio of current and prospective corporate investors and partners; and support a
comprehensive strategy to grow the organization’s network, presence, and influence, with an emphasis on engaging key influencers in the business community. The Corporate Relations Officer reports to the Director of Institutional Investment.
About Prosperity Now’s Development Team Prosperity Now’s Development Team is a high-energy, high-performing team of professionals who work under the leadership of Prosperity Now’s Vice President of Philanthropy to secure the resources necessary to advance Prosperity Now’s mission. The Development team and the Communications Team report into the Chief Engagement Officer and collectively serve as Prosperity Now’s external affairs team, strategically engaging stakeholders across a single, integrated continuum. The Development Team raises funds from multiple sources, including institutional funders, corporate funders, the public sector, and individuals.
- Implement a comprehensive, integrated corporate, engagement for support and meaningful opportunities for corporations and organizations to support Prosperity Now, as well as specific events or programmatic initiatives
- In partnership with the Development leadership, build strategic partnerships with the business community to accelerate awareness of Prosperity Now and role as an agent of culture change
- Manage a portfolio of companies and organizations capable of gifts of $10,000 and over, including existing and prospective donors, securing renewals, and increasing their support over time
- Support efforts to solicit sponsorships for the biannual Summit and other events, recruit and engage corporate chairs and host committees as appropriate
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Development to set and achieve Prosperity Now’s annual corporate revenue goals and to coordinate moves management
- Manage partnerships between senior leadership and the board to engage influencers, corporations and business leaders, donors and prospects—ensuring that participants are adequately informed and prepared for donor meetings and key events
- Coordinate with Development, Communications and program staff to seamlessly integrate offline and online messages and fundraising collateral and donor engagement experiences related to corporate and other key influencers
- Lead corporate research and the effective use of contact management systems and processes to oversee corporate and other organizations donor acknowledgements and track pertinent donor and prospect information in Salesforce—including related data entry and analytic reporting and coordinating with the Development Team, field engagement staff, and across the organization as appropriate
- Assist with the planning of fundraising and cultivation events geared towards overall fundraising efforts in partnership with Development and Communications staff
- Coordinate high-level stewardship, solicitation and prospecting of corporate donors to meet annual fundraising targets
- Support with the production of investor and prospective investor facing products including appeals, annual reports, marketing materials, website and other digital content
- Represent Prosperity Now at events and convenings featuring priority donors, partners, and influencers
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational background in related area of study with at least eight years of relevant experience, including at least five years of experience fundraising at mission-driven nonprofit organizations or in a comparable business development or advocacy environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders and team members at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding written communication skills with experience creating compelling proposals to secure funding
- Experience managing a corporate council to support general revenue and business engagement goals
- Strong verbal communication skills to share complex information clearly and efficiently
- Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs, particularly Salesforce
- Previous program design, implementation, and/or evaluation experience preferred
- Travel may be required up to 50% of the time
Salary Range: $94,000-$108,000
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.