Organization: Performance Paradigm
City: St. Petersburg
Country: United States
Primary Category: Consulting
Type of Position: Full-Time
Experience Requirement: 5 years or less
ABOUT PERFORMANCE PARADIGM (FROM THE FOUNDERS)
We founded Performance Paradigm with a mission to transform mindsets and behaviors in service of inclusion and equity. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now.
Performance Paradigm is a human-centered, human capital consultancy, specializing in niche curriculum design and delivery, expert facilitation, executive coaching, and strategic consultation. We create and deliver experiential education at the intersection of mindset and performance, and we get results because we’re not afraid to challenge the status quo. Learning and behavioral change is most transformative and sustainable when disruption takes place. We do what we do because we believe that human connection and understanding is at the cornerstone of changing life and behavior.
We are a very tight team who takes care of each other. We laugh a lot and we hustle to meet client needs. We demand greatness of every individual on the team. Learn more about Performance Paradigm and our team.
WHO WE ARE
There are four key characteristics of the Performance Paradigm team that we look for in candidates:
Be Down for the Cause: The team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Their work is stimulating, meaningful, and has purpose.
Be Committed: They are committed to the mission. They have a tremendous opportunity in front of them: to change the way we talk about inclusion, equity, and diversity in this country. They are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. The time is now.
Be Efficient: They are a startup, and proud of their work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving problems that up to this point have not been solved requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief, ethnicity, and all other dimensions of diversity are welcomed and greatly valued. They are as proud of their differences as they are of their shared passion, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds, and experiences to realize their mission.
Making sure others perform at their best is this Special Assistant’s MO. You enjoy solving problems before they become problems. You are a fixer. When an extra set of hands is needed, you dive in to help. You approach situations and people with professionalism and tact – no matter the size of the task. Not knowing how to do something does not deter you because you trust in your own resourcefulness to figure it out. You are a utility player who wants to grow with an amazing organization – you’re just looking for the right one. This is your chance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Dynamic, resourceful, thoughtful, and solution-oriented
- Seeking a progressive role close to the action; curious to learn from high-performance leaders
- Detail oriented and able to multitask without lettings things slip through the cracks
- Strong ownership evident through responsibility and accountability for the product or goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; handles stressful or high-pressure situations with a calm focus
- Adaptable and flexible; ability to shift in different directions, and still be outcome-focused
- Unafraid of new challenges, even if they may fail
- Independent worker; enjoys working with little or no direction at times
- Enjoys finding creative solutions or unconventional ways of getting things done
Task, Time, and Meeting Management
- Keep us on track; record assigned tasks that are discussed or committed to in meetings and emails; prioritize those tasks and monitor their progress in a digital dashboard
- Manage the Founders’ daily calendars so they are focused on the most important priorities of the business; make appointments and prioritize sensitive matters, as they arise
- Ensure our meetings and updates are consistently documented and purposeful; prepare us for meetings in advance, take helpful notes during meetings, and report out our to-dos so we are all on the same page
- Organize our busy work lives into more manageable systems; file things appropriately, make sense of documents, and create a system that is easily understood by the team
- Parse through the Founders’ emails to understand and act on what is important; for example, identify unread emails and proactively draft a response for the President
- Extract need-to-know information from emails and present in a synthesized format to the executives
- Manage internal and external correspondence to/from the executives; ensure everyone is responded to in a timely manner and all requests are addressed
- Help us put our best foot forward by preparing our executives for meetings and events with the proper information on meeting guests, former meeting notes, important things to remember, etc.
- Stay updated on recent research, data, trends, and updates in our industries of human resources and diversity, equity, and inclusion; provide important information to the executives, as needed
- Dive into new and exciting projects; celebrate an employee, solve a travel disaster, or scout a location for a video shoot; these directives may come from our founders or our Chief of Staff – either way, be game to help and accomplish the task
- Coordinate gifts for holidays, anniversaries, team outings, birthdays, and more
- Keep our office fully stocked, clean, and looking great; order supplies when they are running low and make sure the office is fully prepped for multimedia productions
- Run errands on behalf of our founders; keep them focused on client work by grabbing lunch or running to the bank
- Order and coordinate food delivery for office meetings and events
The successful candidate will also be discrete, high-energy, agile-minded, dynamic, proactive, and highly organized with the following additional qualities and skills:
- At least 3-5 years of progressive cross-functional experience at a fast-growing company or startup similar in size/scale to Performance Paradigm
- Ability to be onsite at the St. Pete’s office during the work week
- Deep dedication to Performance Paradigm’s mission, exemplified by strong personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Highly proficient in Google applications, including Gmail and Drive
- Ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Proficiency in Zoom, Google Meets, Blue Jeans, and other video conferencing preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment under stress and deadlines
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Proven analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Manage numerous requests/deliverables simultaneously with the expectation of multiple and changing priorities
- Display excellent and versatile verbal and written communication skills including the ability to compose strong formal business correspondence and other professional documents
- Comfort working in high velocity environments with the changing priorities and challenging timelines that come in a startup environment
- Desire to grow and learn within the practice