Quality Care for Children is expanding and we are hiring!!
For more than 40 years Quality care for Children has worked to ensure that Georgia’s infants and young children are nurtured and educated. Our programs improve child care quality, increase parent access to child care, and help quality child care programs achieve long-term financial sustainability. We offer competitive salary, health, vision and dental insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401K retirement fund with a generous 6% QCC match on employee contributions, opportunities for professional development, and more. QCC positions offer flexible work hours and most positions involve a combination of remote work, field work, and office time. Join the QCC team and make a difference for children and families!
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
Job Title: Early Care and Education Specialist (Cartersville area)
Department: Child Care Resource and Referral
Supervisor: Director, CCR&R North West Region
Salary: Based on experience and education
Location: Fulton, Cherokee, Pickens, Bartow, Gordon, Haralson, Polk, Floyd, Chattooga, Walker, Dade
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for position.
- Coordinate and provide on-site technical assistance (observation and consultation) and group workshops for child care programs.
- Develop individual plan of improvement for each child care program in projects.
- Develop and/or provide training sessions based on needs identified within the community.
- Distribute grants to participating child care programs.
- Complete monthly reports.
- Participate in the planning and execution of community events.
- Meet all deliverables as assigned.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field (Bachelor required). Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Experience working in a child care settings.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations, Quality Rated system, Environment Rating Scales and Georgia State Funded Pre-K system.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), Council on Accreditation (COA), and the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Team player.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel (50%-70%)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more delivering training.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail email@example.com your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Specialist of North Georgia in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.