Director of Development
6 days left
- Experience Level
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Position Purpose: HOI, Inc seeks a Director of Development. The Director of Development will be responsible for day-to-day grant operations, events, and work closely with the CDO with church and donor relationships . This is a newly created position, so the Director of Development will have the responsibility to create systems and processes for a successful grants department and leading two major events a year. The Director of Development must be a self-starter/entrepreneurial, who is inspired by the mission of the HOI. The Director of Development will work closely with the Chief Development Officer to help drive the direction of all fundraising efforts within HOI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CDO with all development functions
- Create process for grant life cycle, from request to close. This includes research, identifying prospects, proposals, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management
- Manage relationships with churches and donors
- Help lead the logistics of our annual event and our golf tournament
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with entire HOI team
- Contribute to and manage special projects, as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working with major donors
- Proven track record in securing gifts/sponsorships over $10,000
- Non-profit grant writing with demonstrated success securing grant funding
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to plan and manage processes with high attention to detail
- Effective collaborator with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Marketing@HOI.org.
Founded in 1989, HOI is a wholistic Christian ministry serving in Central America. We are focused on communities being able to identify their poverty issues (spiritual, financial, health, etc.) and partnering with them to support their solutions. For more about the HOI www.HOI.org.
Mission: Strengthen Communities Through Faith and Partnership
HOI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military status, age, qualified handicap, or disabled status.