UNITED WAY OF THE CENTRAL SAVANNAH RIVER AREA
JOB TITLE: Resource Development Specialist
POSITION CODE: 214
DIVISION: Resource Development Department
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Resource Development
CUSTOMER: Donors, volunteers, other staff, community
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Resource Development Specialist position drives revenue and enhances donor relationships through community special events and oversees a subset of the individual (outside the workplace) fundraising efforts. This position also oversees the Caring Club program, recognition and stewardship activities, and is the lead for managing company campaign results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fundraising and Event Management—
- Manage individual donor solicitations and stewardship program for those who give outside of the traditional workplace campaign.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies in the community. Serve as primary point of contact for third party special events (dine out nights, beneficiary events, etc). Provide excellent customer service and provide tools necessary to maximize event revenue. Cultivate third party event organizers to ensure repeatable success.
- Manage Caring Club program. Attract new partners, develop collateral, promote program, and recognize members in timely manner.
- Work with staff and others to ensure that campaign results and records are formatted and submitted for processing and reconciled monthly. Prepare queries and reports to assist Finance and Resource Development team.
Stewardship and Recognition-
- Develop and manage thank you letter/acknowledgement process
- Develop stewardship opportunities for new, returning, and loyal donors
- Work with Resource Development team to represent United Way at various events throughout the year
- Represent United Way in the community in a professional and effective manner.
- Update campaign software with relevant information.
- Provide backup front desk support when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience to include at least 2-3 years of related fundraising experience in events, sales, or other environments.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change.
- Sound judgment, discretion and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for use during work hours.
Salary range- $31,000-$35,000
- Employee pays $40/pay period for single coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks accrued PTO annually
- United Way pays 10% of salary into a retirement plan – eligible in January
- $30 monthly cell phone reimbursement