Rent Program Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
AHA is opening a recruitment for the Rent Program Specialist position. Under general supervision, Specialists perform a variety of complex work assignments related to the Housing Authority’s provision of the Alameda Rent Program, including functions encompassing all facets of rent regulations in Alameda, such as conducting outreach activities, creating program procedures and forms, answering public inquiries and giving public presentations, conducting monitoring for compliance with the ordinance, staffing related committees, and collecting and managing data. Please refer to the job description for the complete range of duties required of this position.
This non-exempt position will be hired on a 72 hours per pay period schedule (9 8-hour work days with every other Friday off). Some evening hours, for meetings and other events, are required on a regular basis. Work will be performed in the AHA office; no telecommuting is available for this position.
A combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade.
- Experience: Two years of experience working with and assisting in the administration of assisted housing programs, social services programs, or property management.
- Required: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license by time of appointment and ability to meet the driving record requirements for coverage under agency’s auto liability policy required
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Solid computer skills, particularly in Excel; database and data entry experience is highly desirable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Language skills in one of AHA’s LEP Languages (Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese) preferred.