- Position Type
- Full Time
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
Job Title: Business Assistant
Location: Atlanta, GA-Semi/Remote
Supervisor: Director, Business Support Services, Quality Care for Children
Salary: Based on experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for position.
Position Description: Quality Care for Children operates a variety of programs to support the sustainability of quality child care programs. These include:
- The Provider Resource Hub, a membership programs that gives child care providers access to resources and negotiated discounts through a web portal
- The Provider Business Exchange, a Facebook page where child care providers can communicate with one another and with child care experts and access webinars and online training
- The Staffed Family Child Care Network, a program that supports existing providers and helps individuals become licensed as family child care providers and supports them in marketing and business operations through a technology platform
- Business Coaching and Automation, a program that provides training and technical assistance to assist child care programs in implementing child care management software and operating sustainable businesses.
- Provider Back Office, a program that utilizes child care management software to track the financial and business metrics for child care programs
The business assistant will assist the child care sustainability team in implementing these programs and will work with family child care providers and child care center directors in utilizing technology platforms to market their programs and manage their business operations.
In support of the Business Support Services Department
- Support business operations of managing varies department projects, providing support to financial operations, and other business functions as deemed necessary by Director
- Create or edit PowerPoint presentations for the field representatives to use.
- Prepare transcribed and typed memos, relevant reports, letters and correspondence, for Director as requested.
- Manage and organize records and files
- Perform data entry, scanned documents, and Excel spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assist with organizational processes, workflows, policies and procedures within the department.
- Work with other departments to promote Business Support Services with marketing materials, frequently asked questions list, and answers to related questions
- Work closely with marketing department to update department’s materials and website information on current market information and strategies relating to the childcare industry and providers interests
- Conduct Business Support Services Department Information Overview meetings as requested by Director.
In support of the Provider Resource Hub and Providers Business Exchange Facebook page
- Manage Provider Resource Hub membership
- Add resources and make revisions to the Provider Resource Hub as requested
- Monitor membership engagement on posts on the Provider Business Exchange posts and comment as requested
- Provide reports as requested on membership and usage of the provider Resource Hub and the Provider Business Exchange Facebook page
In support of the Staffed Family Child Care Network
- Assist the team in planning and conducting recruitment activities to recruit family child care providers and individuals interested in becoming family child care providers
- Assist the Family Child Care Specialist in administering start-up grants
- Assist providers in establishing a web presence
- Track input, output data as required, and provide assistance in completing monthly reports.
- Revise data base as needed for proficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in the planning and execution of trainings and community events.
- Coordinate meetings of the FCC Network Advisory Committee
In support of business coaching and automation
- Provide assistance in organizing, marketing and managing registration for cohorts, training and professional development events
- Provide assistance in tracking the impact of business coaching and automation
In support of Provider Back Office
- Work with a group of child care programs utilizing child care manager software to track the financial and business metrics for child care programs…i.e. financial statements
- Assist team with accounting tasks related to back office support as requested by Director
- Provide monthly reports as requested
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Data Analytics, Early Childhood Education, Business administration, computer science, or related field– or – a minimum of 2 years’ experience in business operations.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Familiar with automated accounting and/or child care management systems, i.e. Quickbooks, Kidkare, Brightwheel, Procare or others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 suites of programs
- Familiar with basic social media marketing strategies. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Comfortable using technology-systems to design and produce webpages (square space, wix.com, godaddy, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work at a fast consistent pace to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform general administrative duties
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telelphone, scanner, calculator, and photocopier
- Ability to safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately
- Ability to repeatedly meet short term deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to think analytically
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Team player.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Occasional driving.
- Sitting at the computer for 4 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Business Assistant in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.