- Experience Level
The Controller leads the day-to-day finance operations of a $5 million budget and manages accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Controller will ensure that AVLF has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation. The Controller works closely with program leaders and their staff to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and explore how the finance function can support program operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports accurately and timely; communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership abreast of AVLF financial status.
- Assist AVLF leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support the Director of Operations and the Executive Director in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the program vice presidents; continuously collaborate with program vice presidents to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.