Director, Content Delivery
- Experience Level
Founded in 1934, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) is a not-for-profit, professional association committed to advancing the specialty of rheumatology. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, this medical society serves over 7,700 physicians, health professionals, and scientists worldwide who work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology.
The College along with its interprofessional division, the Association of Rheumatology Professionals (ARP) aims to empower the professional rheumatology community by providing education, advocacy, and practice management tools.
The ACR is a unique non-profit organization looking to offer its employees opportunities to exhibit their commitment to accountability, creativity, and initiative. To find out more about the ACR, please visit www.rheumatology.org.
The Rheumatology Research Foundation was founded by the ACR in 1985 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The ACR and Foundation have a management agreement, whereby the ACR provides the Foundation with a variety of management services, including staffing, access to and use of computer and other equipment and appropriate space at the ACR's Executive Office.
TITLE: Director, Content Delivery
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Senior Director, Education Technology and Content Management
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for providing structure, standards, and oversight to the Content Delivery team, which is responsible for the delivery of ACR’s Education department programs and products, which includes ACR’s annual meeting. Ensures team delivers on time and with the high-quality that all learners expect from the ACR. Incorporate a “learner first” mindset within the team, as well as alignment with the overall ACR brand strategy. Adheres to timelines, standards and shows commitment to continuous improvement. Responsible for oversight and management of platforms and processes including but not limited to submissions management, faculty management and learning management. Works collaboratively with internal staff to ensure systems and processes enable effective delivery and ultimately, effective learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Content Strategy & Development Director to participate in Content Strategy development and planning meetings, ensuring business goals and content delivery tasks/timelines are clear. Make Content Delivery staff aware of timelines and meeting due dates and keep things on track.
- Accountable for the oversight of the Content Delivery Team, by providing clear goals and objectives for the entire team with direct supervision of Sr. Specialist, Submissions, Specialist Faculty Management and Sr. Specialist Learning Platform.
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement organization wide taxonomies. Partner with Business Owners across the organization as well as consultants, volunteers, and leadership. In addition to taxonomies, this initiative will also involve:
- Work with Program/Business Owners and Delivery Teams to developing and implement plan to maintain and evolve taxonomies, including structure and processes to measure various activity metrics, such as performance progress and ROI for existing and future educational programs to aide with, making sure the taxonomies stay effective relevant over time.
- Ensure that ACR can make data-driven decisions about what to create and what to adjust.
- Publish guidelines for staff and committees to ensure adherence to taxonomies.
- Manage ACR's educational content taxonomies to ensure high-quality, user-focused approach to tagging and naming education from all areas of the ACR:
- Oversee the continuing quality improvement process of taxonomies through ongoing evaluation and assessment (audit at least annually), ensuring that taxonomies are consistent with the educational needs established from practice gaps and measured for desired outcomes.
- Develop and compile reports on effectiveness of taxonomies and make recommendations for adjustments based on analysis/data.
- Partner with Meeting Services/Project Management and Enterprise Solutions as needed to ensure effective coordination of registration for Education Department programs. Includes:
- Coordinating between registration vendor, accounting, membership, and information technology departments to plan and ensure accurate implementation of registration systems.
- Management and dissemination of registration discount codes to appropriate individuals.
- Partner with Enterprise Solutions Team to ensure ACR educational platforms meet business needs.
- Ensure appropriate templates are developed and in place for team members to use to setup submission collection/courses/events etc. for the Education Department.
- Monitor usage and collect feedback from Content Delivery team to ensure information is communicated to Enterprise Solutions to be addressed.
- Participate in vendor/platform selection, testing, ongoing evaluations, and management to provide requirements, input, and feedback on behalf of the Education Department.
- Lead for Education Department for ensuring effective User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for delivery of programs/products and projects that involve all Education Department programs/products. Duties include but not limited to:
- Overseeing education department/learner requirements gathering and documentation to ensure learner needs/goals/requirements are clearly defined and conveyed to delivery teams.
- Overseeing user acceptance test case documentation for user acceptance testing of learner facing programs/products/systems to ensure outputs/outcomes align with “learner first” approach
- Assist with coordination of Education Department staff participation in user acceptance testing, engaging with volunteers as appropriate
- Serve as the business owner for Education Department for all Education Dept technologies and technology initiatives driven by ACR IT/TSC and/or Enterprise Solutions. Engage others in the Education Department and provide updates as appropriate. Technologies/systems/topics include but are not limited to:
- Submissions to platform/vendor
- Learning Management System
- Meeting/event platforms and apps
- Registration platforms for events, courses etc.
- Video and Image Repositories
- Association Management System and its integration(s) with Education Platforms
- Data privacy/compliance/security
- Customer Service including Ticketing, Knowledgebase and Phones
- File sharing and project management systems
- Partner with Director Content Strategy & Development and Sr. Director, Educational Content & Technology to ensure that clearly defined processes and procedures are in place and communicated to the Education Department Staff, relative to how content is developed and transitioned from Development to Delivery teams for effective program management and delivery.
- Graduate degree in related field or Bachelor’s and equivalent experience
- Experience in medical association and/or education program management
- Expert knowledge of Learning Management Software platforms, authoring tools, speaker management processes, registration processes, video & image repositories
- Knowledge of industry standards related to educational activities e.g., American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification Program; American Board Medical Specialties (ABMS) Maintenance of Certification and Maintenance of Licensure Programs; Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s (ACCME) Essential Areas and Elements (including the Standards for Commercial Support) and Accreditation Policies; and the AMA guidelines regarding Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Strong leadership, communications, and organizational management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including speakers, volunteers, staff, and vendors
- Strong consensus-building and negotiating skills
- Detailed-oriented self-starter with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously and exercise judgment in handling responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications, databases, and Internet communications
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.