- Experience Level
Park Place Outreach, Inc. seeks a Case Manager responsible for ensuring the educational, medical, emotional, and social needs for youth clients are met while coordinating ancillary and social service needs and following government guidelines and objectives to serve runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth.
Please submit resumes to Adriana Tatum-Howard, email@example.com. Application due June 25th.
- Responsible for assigned case management duties for youth at Park Place Outreach providing intake and crisis intervention, while collaborating with other agencies.
- Performs emergency placement and crisis intervention services including telephone and face-to-face crisis screening, emergency intake interviews with youth and applicable family members.
- In conjunction with Program Director works to implement services and activities for designated resident which include:
- Provision of therapeutic service (psycho-ed groups, etc.)
- Family Services
- After-care Services
- Oversees as well as conducts individual, family, and group sessions with resident(s).
- Provides and ensures outreach services and/or in-home outreach services for the purpose of aftercare.
- Coordinates care with other child welfare and treatment agencies regarding cases of severe abuse.
- Responsible for documentation relative to all client’s contracts in accordance with standards.
- Assist to recruit and coordinate with supporting community agencies, volunteers, and speakers for shelter.
- Coordinates with other local child welfare and treatment agencies regarding cases of severe abuse and individuals and/or families needing long term treatment or interventions.
- Documents all telephone and face-to-face contracts in client files in Apricot (Data Management System) in accordance with standards information forms; specifically noting all problem areas including abuse and dysfunctional family dynamics established by Park Place Outreach, including data completion and data entry of data.
- Participates in individual supervisory sessions, case management, program team, and monthly general Park Place Outreach staff meetings.
- Other duties as determined
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
The Case Manager should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of strengths-based, client-centered, solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to establish communication, trust, and coach teens and coordinate with community agencies.
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate programs and services.
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues on demand.
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- High confidence level in working independently.
- Takes ownership of work and demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, social work, sociology, psychology, or related science field with two years working experience with children, adolescents, and families in a social services capacity.
- Satisfactory clearance of criminal background, DMV, and drug screenings.
- Valid Driver’s license & insurability for van operation, preferably over the age of 25
- CPR and First Aid Certification within one month of hire
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Case Manager will report to the designated Program Director
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, $16.00-$18.00 hourly, commensurate with work experience; “at will” employee. Excellent benefit package: comprehensive health benefits, ST and LT disability, generous PTO and Simple IRA contribution. Days and hours may be adjusted as needed to meet the job requirements and needs of Park Place Outreach, Inc. Health benefits provided after probationary period.
Park Place Outreach, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer. With the generous support of local organizations and individuals, the Park Place Outreach Shelter has helped more than 6,500 individuals. For more information, please visit http://parkplaceyes.org or find us on Facebook.