Grants Administration Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Grants Administration Manager will manage grants through their lifecycle and liaise between program staff and funders to ensure stewardship of HRC Foundation grants. The successful candidate will have substantial experience managing grants, working effectively across multiple teams and a strong donor relations orientation. This position will be responsible for administering the workflow of significant restricted grants in our portfolio and will report directly to the Director of Foundation Relations.
- Manage the workflow process for restricted and general operating HRC Foundation grants to ensure compliance with restrictions and regulations and enhance stewardship.
- Oversee and ensure all annual and multi-year grants are entered and tracked appropriately in collaboration with program staff and finance.
- Oversee grant reporting and analysis.
- Document and track pertinent data from grant agreements and manage the filing system for proposals, agreements and reports.
- Regularly report out on grant status at team meetings, department meetings and other check-ins across departments.
- Create and manage a checklist of deliverables for grants with clarity on responsibilities and deadlines, communicating regularly with appropriate staff partners.
- Develop and manage a calendar of key grant milestones, deadlines and reports to ensure timely and impeccable stewardship.
- Lead in accurate data intake of grant information utilizing a grant management system to manage key information, deadlines and reports.
- Implement and maintain grants management and donor portal software; master and manage software to meet requirements and ensure data integrity, including interface with general ledger software.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to due diligence procedures, internal grant meetings, grant reporting, award letters, grant agreements, and procedures to ensure availability of funds.
- Facilitate and/or be responsible for processing certain high-level and sensitive grants. Coordinate and collaborate across several departments of the organization including Finance/Accounting, Foundation, Public Policy & Political Affairs, General Counsel, Communications and Development staff.
- Support the team in providing superior customer service to donors including donor acknowledgment on HRC communication channels.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in work experience) is required with at least two to four years’ work experience in grants management.
- Demonstrated experience with grants management software such as ROI or Salesforce preferred.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple processes and timelines while maintaining an excellence in interpersonal communication.
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Highly effective oral and written communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles.
- Critical to complete all work with a high level of accuracy.
- Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required.
- Ability to manage working with supervision as well as independently.
- Professionalism and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential information is a must.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ+ equality.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.