Get Paid To Get Your Teaching Credential + $38k + 401k benefits
- Experience Level
Ready to launch your teaching career?
Have you always wanted to teach but don’t know where to start? Tired living paycheck to paycheck without access to health insurance and a retirement plan? Want to become a credentialed teacher but afraid of the debt school would require?
Become a TeachStart Fellow where you’ll be paid for guaranteed substitute work, plus you'll receive health insurance, access to a 401k while getting paid to get your CA teaching credential.
With Scoot Education’s unique program, you’ll teach and serve students across Los Angeles as a full-time substitute teacher, and receive teacher training and career coaching in our TeachStart program.
- Salary: $38,500 annual salary, with benefits
- Work Year: 10 months (September-June)
- Teaching program: Fellowship for fall 2021-2022 school year and one week of summer training + quarterly PD days
As a TeachStart fellow, you’ll join the Scoot Scholar program, a two-year paid fellowship for prospective teachers who want to earn their CA teacher credential. In year one, you’ll work 9 out of 10 days, substituting full-time at our partner schools and spend your other days on foundational training courses, studying to pass required exams.
During year two, TeachStart fellows work at a Scoot school partner as a lead teacher while earning their teaching credentials through our alternative certification program partner.
With a growth mindset and a passion for education, you’ll bring your empathetic and innovative nature to the classroom where you’ll help students have an exceptional learning experience. Your self-initiative and hungry aptitude will be celebrated and you’ll make a difference in your local community.
As a TeachStart Fellow, you’ll:
- Have guaranteed full-time employment with Scoot
- Enjoy covered training and working costs
- Have exposure to a variety of schools
- Have a clear pathway into the teaching profession, with support along the way
- Direct deposit monthly (provides salary + benefits from day 1)
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- Full-time hours (M-F approx: 8am-3pm)
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom
- Access to the TeachStart community where you’ll meet other fellows + get invitations to happy hours and social events.
You should apply if:
- You’re ready to launch your teaching career
- Bachelor's degree
- Clear background check
What to expect:
- Enrollment in a two-year paid teaching program, with training provided
- Guidance and support on passing the state required tests for substitute teaching
- Advanced understanding of social and emotional development in children and adolescents
Scoot Education is the creator of TeachStart, a training program to provide debt-free and salaried pathways for prospective teachers (even those without any prior experience) to become licensed educators. TeachStart provides a paid pathway into teaching full-time, providing graduates with either a substitute teaching certificate or a state teaching credential.
Email resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.