- Experience Level
AMIS is seeking a full-time Program Administrator to support this well-established non-profit. AMIS is a faith-based organization that promotes cultural and global understanding through friendship and hospitality with international students in the greater Atlanta area. Since 1978, AMIS has been welcoming international students to Atlanta and connecting them with local friends in the community. Learn more at www.amis-inc.org.
The AMIS Program Administrator provides administrative support for all AMIS program areas and the office with a goal of expanding the students served and volunteers involved.
Main program areas include:
- The AMIGO program which matches international students/scholars studying at Atlanta colleges and universities with local volunteers for friendship and cultural exchange. It is an ongoing, year-round program.
- The AMIS Welcome Reception is an annual event that welcomes international students and scholars throughout greater Atlanta.
- Regular bi-monthly events throughout the city of Atlanta introduce international students to our city and American holiday traditions while making new friends. Requires occasional weekend time.
- The Thanksgiving Program connects international students with hosts for the Thanksgiving Day meal.
- Christmas International House (CIH) is a home-stay program for international students during winter break. This program was canceled during the COVID-19 pandemic. A modified version of the program is likely for this year. Students spend the day at Atlanta-area historical, cultural, and recreational attractions and spend holiday time sharing in metro Atlanta volunteers’ homes and activities.
Job responsibilities include:
AMIS Program Administration
- Support the mission of AMIS by coordinating and administering all AMIS Programs under the direction of the Executive Director and the AMIS Board of Directors, including the above-mentioned programs and any additional campus outreach events. Includes coordinating, event planning, managing details like registration, set-up, and follow-up, as well as keeping records, reporting, and program surveys and evaluations.
- Work with new volunteers through the onboarding process including background checks, screenings, and collecting references. Use Salesforce to administer the Amigo Program to match international students with American volunteers and facilitate communication between them.
- Maintain and create registration forms through FormAssembly and manage Salesforce integrations.
- Communicate with international students, local volunteers, supporting churches, Kiwanis Clubs, and international student advisors about AMIS programs and events.
- Collect data for grant applications and annual reports.
Bookkeeping & Office Administration
- Maintain records of revenue and expenses in QuickBooks and Salesforce. Deposit money in the bank and work with accountant to prepare monthly financial reports.
- Keep financial records according to established procedures.
- Prepare expense checks, make payments as needed, distribute payroll, and manage IRS and GA tax filings.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for Executive Director’s signature. Record donor and volunteer information in Salesforce database. Keep contact information up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Provide support for quarterly AMIS Board meetings, Advisory Board, and committee meetings as needed. Includes making room reservations and set up for meeting, preparing the Board packet and managing details.
Communications and Marketing Support
- Create marketing and promotional materials for AMIS as needed, sometimes working with a graphic designer.
- Maintain AMIS website and social media accounts.
- Assist with preparing and mailing the Annual Report each spring and Year-End appeal in November. Coordinate printing and preparing mailing lists.
- Assist with sending regular electronic newsletters to AMIS volunteers/supporters and AMIS students.
NCIH Registrar (this program is currently on hold)
- Act as Registrar for National Christmas International House (NCIH) programs. Receive online student applications, review them to ensure that requirements are met. Contact and work with international student advisors at colleges/universities around the US. Communicate with NCIH program directors to review and accept student applicants and notify students.
- Assist with NCIH communications and marketing to International Student offices at US colleges and universities, international students, churches, and potential CIH programs.
- Support NCIH Advisory Committee including coordinating communications and annual teleconference.
- Work with AMIS Executive Director to plan and coordinate the Atlanta CIH Program, assisting with planning, details, making travel arrangements, recruiting, and communicating with hosts, churches, and travel venues.
- Maintain NCIH website.
- Solicit and gather NCIH evaluations for ED and NCIH Advisory Committee review. Keep records and reports on NCIH programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years office administration experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with Wix, QuickBooks, Salesforce, MailChimp, FormAssembly, Dropbox, Canva, and social media applications helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required as well as efficient organizational and time-management abilities.
- Willingness to learn, with the potential to grow and desire to increase responsibilities.
- Willingness to fundraise helpful.
- Interest in international peoples and cultures. A candidate with cross-cultural experiences and awareness will be preferred. Familiarity with churches, experience engaging volunteers and service organizations will be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with people from diverse cultures and technology, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a multi-cultural, international, interesting, and ever-changing environment.
Inquiries and resumes can be emailed to:
Rev. Irene Wong, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta