Training Operations Coordinator
- Experience Level
Do you want to color-code the world, and do databases make you giddy? We want to talk to you! The Management Center (TMC) is seeking a Training Operations Coordinator to support our growing team. We’re looking for candidates who are highly organized, passionate about details, enjoy the thrill of fast-paced and complex logistics that contribute to major impact for social justice movements, and thrive on making things run well.
Who We Are
We help social justice leaders learn how to build and run more effective, equitable, and sustainable organizations so that they can get better results. Founded in 2006, we have helped shape the practices of hundreds of influential organizations and thousands of individual managers, focusing in particular on leading progressive organizations working for social change. Our clients work on issues – like promoting immigration reform, fighting for racial, economic and gender justice, advocating for educational equity, and protecting voting rights – where they face an inherently uphill battle and so must fight more effectively than their opponents if they are going to win. We aim to help them do that by making their organizations as effective as possible through providing coaching, training, and publications for the broader field.
Our training program has experienced significant growth in recent years, with demand for our training services at times outpacing our capacity to meet it (hence the need for a third Training Operations Coordinator to help us increase the number of trainings we’re able to offer).
What You’ll Do
The Training Operations Coordinator is a customer-service focused position and your job will primarily be (1) setting trainers and clients up for a phenomenal training experience through seamless logistics and (2) planning for online or on-site training sessions.
We are looking for someone who can bring excellence with heart to our training services—from connecting with our incredible clients during contracting to ensuring that all of the materials, data, and finances are seamless for training and post-training follow-up.
To be specific, you will:
- Perform logistics excellence for your portfolio of in-house trainings so that our clients have a smooth/high-quality/wonderful training experience from beginning to end, including managing all client communications about our training process; ensuring training participants have everything they need for their training; managing in-house training and practitioner calendars; ordering shipments from our distribution center & tracking packages to ensure training materials arrive on time for on-site trainings; and making sure, post-training, that all participants get follow-up emails and are entered into our database.
- Develop and lead training communications as well as managing the relevant registration needs in our training management software.
- Check in with our trainers to anticipate their training needs, and schedule prep calls between trainers and clients.
- Work closely within the Client Support team and with the Finance team to generate contracts and post-training invoices for each in-house training to ensure we’re set up for success for our annual financial audit.
- Manage a large volume of training participants and financial data using various software programs, such as Salesforce and Arlo (our current training management system).
- Manage and distribute electronic book sales to our clients and training participants.
- General administrative duties including a portion of your time spent responding to our general inquiries inbox, answering our office phone, and efforts to celebrate our staff (including birthdays), and special projects.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in scenarios where there are multiple deadlines, simultaneous responsibilities, different moving parts, and many details that make the magic happen. More specifically, you will excel in the following areas:
- Deep customer-service sensibility. You exhibit empathy, resilience, friendliness, and good judgment in balancing making our clients love us and knowing where to draw the line. Your communication is inclusive, clear, and kind with all clients and colleagues and across lines of identity and power.
- Strong sense of ownership and resilience about your work coupled with excellent problem-solving skills. You consistently overcome challenges and leverage resources to creatively solve problems. You plan ahead and find alternative paths, when needed, to get to the finish line. You bounce back from setbacks and rejections and hold high expectations for yourself, even when things are hectic. You proactively ask for help, anticipate problems, and course-correct where needed. You have a successful track record of taking a concept from idea to implementation.
- Commitment to centering racial equity and justice. You contribute to our commitment to antiracism by helping to surface potential issues of inequity, engaging in ongoing learning individually and with the team(s), and applying new learnings to your work and the efforts of the team. You effectively collaborate and engage with folks across lines of difference and power towards outcomes and goals.
- Amazing organizational skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced, high work volume environment. You triple-check your work, even in a crunch for time. You notice and fix errors that others might overlook, and you’re able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines. You effectively manage high-stakes work and value quality over quantity; you’re not easily flustered when faced with new or unexpected operations scenarios. You exhibit these qualities without succumbing to perfectionism or false urgency, and you don’t expect that of your colleagues, either!
- An appetite and aptitude for digging into systems and data. You enjoy learning and working through complex processes and systems in order to improve efficiency. You're committed to tracking data and will consistently strive to find ways to do it better.
You will also engage as a strong team member by living into our core values (focusing on impact; advancing racial justice; embracing learning; striving to excel; being unusually helpful; and building connection, trust, and joy), meeting internal responsibilities, collaborating with peers on team / organizational initiatives, and being responsive to all colleagues.
We like to think of our culture as one that combines excellence with heart, and we’re looking for people who can help us build on that culture.
Lastly, a good sense of humor always helps!
What Else You Should Know
The position is full-time and is based in Washington, DC (We are fully remote for now, but this position will return to the office when we are safely able to return). And even after we return to the office, you will have work-from-home days.
The salary range for Coordinator roles is between $52,530 to $63,036, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
We also offer excellent benefits, including a trans and gender non-binary health fund, generous time off, and an additional 5% employer contribution to your retirement fund with no match required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color and trans and gender non-binary folks to apply for open positions.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Customer Service / Retail Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Event Planning Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Program / Project Management Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.