Community Engagement Specialist - BA/BS & 3 years exp req Bilingual
- Experience Level
Eden Youth and Family Center's (EYFC) Vision: Youth and families in historically under-resourced communities flourish with equitable access to comprehensive systems. EYFC's mission is to promote equitable access to coordinated services, strategic partnerships, policy, and advocacy contributing to the overall health and well-being of youth and families.
As the Community Engagement Specialist, you will make a difference by creating effective outreach strategies to reach community members, promote EYFC services to build family engagement, and facilitate collaborative community relationships with key peer organizations and key community stakeholders. Your aim is to help us broaden our service reach by connecting with families who are eligible for our services and community resources but not aware of them, including with Latinx and multicultural families. You will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with our direct services team.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
The following list of duties is intended only to describe the various types of work that may be performed, the level of technical complexity of the assignment(s) and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. The omission of a specific duty statement does not exclude it from the position if the work is consistent with the concept of the classification, is similar or closely related to another duty statement, or a logical assignment to the classification.
Engage with key community resources in Alameda County to help support families in South Hayward and surrounding areas.
Use your focused, engaging communication style to represent EYFC, serving as a liaison to public and private agencies to co-develop outreach and education activities. Keep staff and management apprised of partnership opportunities.
Draw upon your creativity and coordination skills to develop engaging workshops, social media campaigns, focus groups, or town halls. Face-to-face awareness and education events in communities. Evaluate outcomes of these efforts.
Exercise your advocacy skills and work with the Marketing Communications team to foster and maintain proactive relationships with Alameda County elected officials, key community stakeholders, coalitions, and collaboratives on issues important to the Hayward and Alameda County.
Using tracking systemd, record all outreach efforts, advocacy activities and education events (e.g. workshops, in-service trainings, community speaking events, stakeholder orientation meeting.)
Write articles and tip sheets addressing current issues (COVID “Vaccinate with Confidence”, youth development, parent educational, etc.) for use on multiple channels (e.g. website, newsletter(s), video training, outreach efforts.)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Make logical and judicious decisions and provide workable solutions to problems.
- Weigh alternative decisions and reduce outcome risks
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong skills in community outreach, event planning/coordination, and coalition building
- High energy and flexibility in scheduling
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to use collaborative approaches to build support for objectives
- Build positive relationships within and outside the agency, and encourage/support others.
- Experience in training, education, and public speaking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Diligent documentation and tracking all program activity, data collection, analysis, and evaluation as well as program reporting
- Ability to conceptualize and implement innovative programs
- Skills necessary to oversee the performance of education and outreach staff
- Bilingual English and Spanish required
- Safe Spaces – Share the responsibility for ensuring EYFC is, and remains, a safe environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Some bending, stooping, stairs, and reaching required.
- Other related duties as specified by the Executive Director.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in public health education or a related field
- Three or more years of experience in conducting outreach efforts, planning and conducting training programs and cultivating collaborative community relationships, Networked in Alameda County a plus.
- Must have a California driver’s license and own transportation. Must show proof of insurance.
EYFC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about Eden Youth and Family Center, please visit us online at https://www.eyfconline.org.
Reasonable Accommodations provided for individuals with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
All employees and clients must were masks. Regular cleaning and sanitizing.