Project Coordinator - Sustainability and Education
- Experience Level
SEI is seeking a Project Coordinator to support our K-College Education sectors. This position requires a multitasker who is excited to lead and support a variety of our team’s education programs, partnerships, and teachers. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the education field, enjoy presenting to and working with youth and adults, aspire to improve the educational system by providing educational programming to high needs regions across the country, and be creative and collaborative in designing to our partner needs and goals.
This full-time regular position will be based in San Rafael (initially temporarily working remotely out of your home), and later when it is safe to do so, will work onsite in our main office in San Rafael, CA, as well as future intermittent travel and field support (eventually when it’s safe to travel), and requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Target start date is as soon as possible.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 20 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models.
We're looking for a resourceful individual to join our team who enjoys leading and supporting multiple concurrent projects, and as SEI promotes from within, has the ambition for growth with our organization. More details on our programs and services can be found at:
PROJECT COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Coordinator supports the cross-programmatic activities of SEI’s education programs under the direction of the Executive Director as well as other program directors and managers. We are looking for candidates who have experience working with and can work professionally with a diverse set of colleagues, partners, clients and program participants, that include: K-12 teachers and students, college faculty and students, federal, state and local government department staff, policy makers, community stakeholders, financial and technical service providers, and funders.
The Project Coordinator will be involved in all phases of projects, from design and fundraising, to planning, implementation, management, evaluation, and reporting. This team member will manage staff and external partners contributing to their programs, providing appropriate direction, support, mentoring and supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Lead and/or assist on programs focused on our efforts within our education sector.
- Supervise, teach, or mentor students and/or teachers working on climate protection projects in schools and colleges.
- Assist with all aspects of our education projects and programs, including curriculum development and continuous improvement, teacher training, instructional planning, direct instruction, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, reporting, and project management.
- Establish and expand strategic contacts and our organization’s reputation as an innovator, expert and thought partner by representing SEI and our programs externally at select conferences, workshops, meetings, and events.
- Support our team with various fundraising activities, including partnership development, proposal and grant writing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus) in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree welcome.
- Broad and deep understanding of sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green infrastructure, and building science concepts and topics, evidenced by experience teaching these subjects, working in the field, and/or pursuit of additional coursework, seminars and professional certifications.
- 3+ years of experience working in sustainability education.
- Knowledge, experience, and skill in the education sector, with traditional or non-traditional teaching and curriculum design experience.
- Knowledge, experience, and skill with networking, partnership development, public speaking, group presentations.
- Understanding of the organizational mechanisms of school districts, high schools, and colleges.
- Knowledge of Career Technical Education standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and Common Core ELA and Math Standards.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience and ease developing relationships and skillfully working with colleagues, partners, clients, and constituents.
- Experience in and the drive to address racism and create race equity with the team members and programmatically.
- Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others.
- Track record of successful task prioritization and execution, and deft management of a growing body of work with timely fulfillment of associated tasks & deliverables.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills and ability to self-manage and follow through to ably and reliably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- Strong experience with and interest in various information technologies along with competency across the Google and Microsoft suites of office software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Aptitude to quickly learn industry- or project-specific software.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
SEI offers a competitive starting salary for this position of $61,000 plus company-paid medical, sick and vacation, 13 paid holidays per year.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter describing how their interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position, to SEI at email@example.com. Please include “Project Coordinator Education” and the platform you are applying from in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html