- Experience Level
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP) is a private, nonprofit corporation of Atlanta business leaders, property owners, and institutions working with each other and with government since 1941 to help build a better city center. CAP carries out research and planning and acts as a catalyst for a wide range of programs and projects for the improvement of Downtown Atlanta. Our affiliate organization, the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID), funds programs in transportation, capital improvements, public safety, cleanliness and marketing. For more information, visit www.atlantadowntown.com.
A hallmark of CAP/ADID’s track record of success has been a dedication to both transportation demand management (TDM) and to broader transportation planning initiatives. CAP/ADID’s TDM work falls under the umbrella of the Transportation Management Association (TMA), Downtown Connects, which provides a range of services to the Downtown Atlanta community with the ultimate goals of reducing traffic congestion, facilitating mobility, addressing parking demand and improving air quality. Downtown Connects currently works with companies and property owners in Downtown to address these transportation and workforce growth issues by developing and implementing commuter programs which include carpools, vanpools, transit, teleworking, parking management and other services.
CAP is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join the team of transportation professionals who work to advance the vision of a multi-modal Downtown through both the TMA and by assisting with the advancement of transportation programs and projects in service to growing the economic prosperity, elevating the quality of life, and improving the image of Downtown Atlanta.
Working under direction of the Managing Director of Transportation, the Transportation Coordinator will primarily conduct outreach and education to employers, property owners, and employees through Downtown Connects; however, general support of other transportation initiatives is also anticipated. The Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Employer and Property Manager Outreach, Technical Assistance, Support and Guidance: Collaborate with Downtown employers and property managers to advance the implementation of sustainable transportation programs, including parking management, commuter benefit programs and demand management plans;
- Commuter Outreach: Conduct Downtown employee-focused outreach and education in support of sustainable transportation options to/from and within Downtown, including rail and bus transit, streetcar, cycling, walking, carpools, vanpools, and alternative work arrangements.
- Measure and Report Effectiveness: Develop and administer commuter surveys to assess the level of program activity and participation and complete regular reporting activities using Salesforce (customer relationship management software) for periodic measurement and evaluation, consistent with Atlanta Regional Commission grant requirements;
- Collaborate Interdepartmentally: Work with the CAP Marketing Department to develop marketing campaigns and events, collateral, newsletter and website content in support of sustainable transportation outreach and education;
- Support Transportation Planning and Policy: Assist with the execution of transportation studies and plans, transportation infrastructure grant applications, the implementation of TDM policy recommendations, and other transportation-related duties;
- Partnerships: Nurture existing organizational partnerships and relationships and develop new ones to support CAP/ADID’s mission including proactively researching potential partners and generating interest in shared objectives; and
- Other duties that may be assigned related to the administration and execution of CAP/ADID transportation programs.
Interest, Work Experience and Skills Desired
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to the following.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, accounting, communications, urban planning, public administration, environmental sciences, or other related field;
- A minimum of two years paid work experience in a professional setting ideally related to sales and marketing, office administration, accounting, retail, transportation, or customer service;
- The ability to thrive and work effectively independently and as a part of a team operating in a complex, client-facing environment;
- Exceptional level of detail orientation, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary;
- Proven decision-making skills;
- Understanding of and passion for sustainable transportation, urbanism, and vibrant Downtowns that are diverse, inclusive and accessible; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with and a willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite software, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, and website platforms (e.g. WordPress, HTML, Salesforce, etc.) including content management systems is desired.
Salary and Benefits
Employment, including benefits, is provided through Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. CAP is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, religion, creed, political affiliation, race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin. CAP is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. CAP offers employees a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) savings program. A salary of $35,000 to $45,000 per year is anticipated for this position based upon qualifications and experience. This position is exempt and full-time.
Interested applicants should e-mail a letter of interest and their resume to Shayna Pollock at Spollock@atlantadowntown.com. Only those applicants deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls, please.