- Position Type
- Full Time
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world
MedShare seeks an experienced Development Associate to provide centralized development support to regional relationship managers. The Development Associate will have the opportunity to manage an effective infrastructure to support the prospect management, prospect research, gift processing, and database management needs for a growing national development office. The Development Associate is responsible for database management, development reporting, prospect management, gift processing, maintaining data integrity and data security. The position develops and implements data and gift-entry procedures, produces reports and mailing lists for departmental and organization-wide use, and provides database training.
Reports to: National Development Manager
- Data Information Management. Oversees data management, striving for accuracy and consistency in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge constituent database as well as developing systems and procedures for extracting and interpreting data.
- Gift Management. Leads the development services area of the national development office, which includes gift policies, gift and pledge agreements, and pledge reminders; gift processing; gift accounting, gift acknowledgment; donor relations and stewardship; data management and analysis. Serves as direct liaison to the Finance department for all gift processing and monthly reconciliation.
- Prospect Management. Oversees the prospect management process. Coordinates with all fundraisers on prospect management needs and processes, including tracking goals and priorities, and advising on the status of prospect management actions.
- Prospect Research: Provides prospect research and prospect identification. Gleans relevant information from a variety of resources about individuals, corporate, foundation, and government funders who are or may become contributors to MedShare.
- Reporting: Leads the creation and analysis of a variety of reports and lists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee management of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online.
- Regular database integrity checks and clean-up.
- Process all new gifts and send acknowledgement letters within 48 hours of receipt.
- Continuously improve the quality of donor and volunteer data.
- Lead prospect management meetings for fundraisers.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Review all gift agreements prior to signature by CEO.
- Provide regular cash raised reports.
- Pull targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc.
- Produce prospect research profiles for development officers and for pre-event analysis.
- Produce appropriate stewardship pieces and identify new ways to steward donors.
- Provide full data analysis for fundraising strategic planning.
- Interface with Finance department regarding gift entry, gift posting, fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting.
- Respond to donor requests for documentation, including tax letters, matching gift programs, etc.
- Provide event coordination and assistance as needed. This may require travel to New York and San Francisco.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced computer skills using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent skills with Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientious ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for community service, international development, and MedShare’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
- Proficiency in communicating effectively, including strong writing ability.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions and office management experience.
Compensation: MedShare offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience, an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
Application Process: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
MedShare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.