- Position Type
- Full Time
Grove Park is a strong, historic Westside Atlanta neighborhood at an inflection point. After decades of race-based disinvestment, Grove Park is transforming. The Westside Park opens this year. Microsoft has acquired 90 acres and announced plans for thousands of jobs in the community. As new residents, investors and businesses arrive, Grove Park is beginning to experience intense market forces and gentrification.
Grove Park Foundation (GPF) is an independent nonprofit supporting community-centered revitalization. Since its inception in 2015, GPF has worked with local partners, leaders and residents to overcome longterm inequities and create the conditions for Grove Park children and families of color to achieve economic mobility, racial equity, and better health, education and housing outcomes. GPF has raised more than $20 million, and leveraged over $50 million in additional resources, to open a new K-8 academy, a YMCA and health clinic, and to begin construction of mixed income housing. Its programs and initiatives have reached thousands of residents. GPF is a Purpose Built Communities Network Member, and is focused on quality of life and ladders of opportunity for existing Grove Park residents.
Grove Park Foundation is poised to enter a promising next phase of work. GPF’s visionary founding Executive Director Debra Edelson plans to depart in late August. The new Executive Director has a bold, exciting mandate: to lead GPF’s next era of partnership, investment and contribution to the Grove Park neighborhood, in collaboration with the community and a broad, diverse, expanding circle of stakeholders, funders and partners.
The new Executive Director will build on an exceptionally productive startup phase of work. Through the work of GPF and its partners, the community is now served by a new K-8 school in the KIPP Woodson Academy, a new YMCA offering quality early learning, and a healthcare clinic run by Whitefoord Inc. Construction is underway on 110 affordable housing units. In the current 2021-25 plans, a vibrant Main Street is envisioned, including renovation of the historic Grove Theater into an arts and wellness hub.
The Executive Director will shape and lead the next phase of work for Grove Park Foundation. The ED will be a magnetic, strategic leader who thinks holistically about the future and brings people together to imagine, plan and implement in ways that inspire commitment and support. The ED will be a frontline fundraiser, ambassador and relationship builder with experience in complex community-centered contexts. The ED will have cross-sectoral experience and a record of relevant results. In partnership with an engaged, mission-focused Board of Directors and staff, the ED will:
1. Lead strategy, funding, focus and implementation of GPF’s next phase. The ED will guide a holistic, collaborative and inclusive process to plan multi-year implementation of goals and funding. Next programs and priorities will advance housing, economic and workforce development for the residents of Grove Park, and continue to enhance education, health, well-being and quality of life revitalization. The ED will focus, facilitate and resource “phase two” work, in collaboration with the Board, the community and numerous partners.
2. Build relationships, collaboration and trust. The ED will have authentic depth, experience, courage and humility essential to advancing racial equity, inclusion and community work. The ED will create collaborative, trusting relationships with the Board, staff, residents, funders, volunteers, donors and partners across and beyond the Grove Park community.
3. Grow and diversify resources. The ED will be an experienced, passionate fundraiser and builder of resources. The ED will have proven success in government, foundation and corporate partnerships, capital campaigns, major and individual donor fundraising, and diverse types of funding. The ED will be strategic and proactive about cultivating, diversifying and increasing support and funding opportunities. The ED will help leverage emerging interest and investments in Grove Park for the benefit of the community and its residents.
4. Enhance GPF’s reputation and value proposition. The ED will be a compelling listener and communicator who is active and visible in Grove Park and throughout the Atlanta community. The ED and other staff members will be regular participants at community gatherings, as listeners, communicators, resources and thought partners. The ED will raise awareness of GPF’s purpose, work and value to the community, and will enhance GPF’s influence and impact.
5. Manage the staff, organization and work of GPF. The ED will be a strategic, engaged and innovative manager of the team and the business. The ED will develop talent, infrastructure and sustainability, and will foster a culture of teamwork, compassion and accountability. The ED will have business and financial savvy, operational, delegation and organizational skills. The ED will manage a young, growing, entrepreneurial organization to thrive within a changing Atlanta landscape.
To learn more about this position, click here: https://boardwalkconsulting.com/jobs/executive-director-14/
For potential consideration or to suggest a prospect, please email GroveParkFoundation@BoardWalkConsulting.com.