Research Associate Director
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
The Research Associate Director is responsible for synthesizing research and writing reports
that persuade policymakers to invest in early childhood policies that help children from
disadvantaged families, and empower CSA staff and members in their communications with
policymakers and the media.
Salary range: $75,000
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review, synthesize and assess the rigor of research.
- Write reports and briefs, and other research documents, in collaboration with other CSA teams.
- Consult with other CSA teams to ensure their work reflects the most current, accurate research.
- Monitor and report on significant research on early childhood issues.
- Manage large, complex, cross-team projects effectively with minimal supervision.
- Collect research findings and increase CSA’s visibility in the early childhood field by attending conferences, briefings, or other opportunities.
- Four or more years of research experience (in a professional and/or academic setting),\including a focus on early childhood (pre-K, child care, home visiting)
- Research skills: Ability to quickly review and synthesize a large number of studies, evaluating their rigor. Proficient knowledge of research methods.
- Writing skills: Ability to write in a factual, media-friendly way. Ability to present complex research accurately, clearly, and concisely to non-academic audiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and respond rapidly and flexibly to changing priorities, while meeting deadlines and maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a collegial manner with a diverse group of colleagues, with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a bipartisan manner and setting.
- Ability to give oral presentations and run internal meetings effectively.
- Previous policy experience preferred
High School Diploma: Required
College Degree: Required
Post Graduate Master’s degree strongly preferred: extensive experience may serve as a substitute
Optional. Average Frequency: One trip a year for 2-4 days
Council for a Strong America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration