Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement (ACE) Executive Directo
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
POSITION: Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement Collaborative (ACE) Executive Director
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
Description: The ACE Director for the Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement (ACE VA) program is a project of New Virginia Majority. The ACE Director will build AAPI community power through civic engagement, community organizing and coalition work with AAPI partner organizations. ACE is part of NVM’s overall effort to build power and win social, racial, economic, immigrant and environmental justice at the local, state and national levels.
- To build AAPI power in Northern Virginia through:
- Deep community organizing with working class Asians in Northern Virginia. Building local and state campaigns to win critical demands, including housing and healthcare.
- Alliance building and support to strengthen existing or emerging local AAPI organizations.
- Civic engagement to increase citizenship, voter registration and/or conscious voter turnout.
- ACE Program evaluation and reporting
- Represent ACE/NVM at national and funder meetings
- Supervise ACE organizers - including shared community outreach.
- Provide vision, leadership, and clear purpose for project
- Perform other duties as required including occasional special assignments with New Virginia Majority
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission;
- At least 4 years paid full-time organizing experience;
- Demonstrated ability to run community or labor and/or electoral campaigns.
- Experience organizing Asian working-class communities.
- Strong commitment to economic, racial, and gender justice; Preferred: Ability to speak one or more Asian languages especially Urdu, Nepali, Bengali, Vietnamese, or Mongolian.
- Works well in challenging environment both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve efficiently and independently;
- Takes initiative, has excellent communication and time management skills;
- Ability to take give and take direction and constructive feedback
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary is competitive from $70,000 to $80,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to https://www.newvirginiamajority.org/jobs and send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants under further consideration will be contacted. No calls, please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Public Policy / Administration Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria