Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Experience Level
Access Fund is the national nonprofit advocacy organization that works to protect America’s outdoor climbing areas. Founded in 1991, Access Fund promotes sustainable access and conserves the climbing environment for the more than 7 million climbers across the country. We execute on that mission across six core program areas, including: Climbing Policy and Advocacy, Stewardship and Conservation, Local Support and Mobilization, Land Acquisition and Protection, Risk Management and Land Owner Support, and Education.
Access Fund is looking for an individual who is passionate about our mission and possesses strong interpersonal, organizational, and fundraising skills to join our growing team. The Strategic Partnerships Manager establishes, nurtures, and deepens Access Fund relationships with brands, businesses, and community partners across the country while raising funds to support Access Fund’s mission. The person in this position helps to drive corporate sponsorships, climbing gym partnerships, and represents Access Fund at industry events like trade shows and climbing festivals.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager reports to the Development Director and works in partnership with members of the fundraising, marketing, and program teams.
The ideal candidate will be located near Access Fund Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, but remote candidates will be considered. All work at Access Fund is remote until after the pandemic subsides.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Access Fund will begin reviewing applications on Wednesday, June 30. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Work in partnership with the Development Director and fundraising team to develop annual revenue and sponsorship targets and strategies.
- Pursue and nurture a growing portfolio of corporate funding relationships to generate financial support for the organization and its program goals.
- Pursue and manage a growing portfolio of climbing gym partnerships across the country, increasing Access Fund’s ability to connect with and educate climbers about sustainable access and conservation of outdoor climbing environments.
- Manage Access Fund’s presence at industry trade shows, such as Outdoor Retailer and other events like climbing and film festivals, including scheduling and attending meetings, managing events, setting up booths, coordinating volunteers, and partner engagement.
- Manage Access Fund’s relationships with and support for a wide array of community partners like climbing clubs, student groups, and other nonprofit organizations with a focus on outreach and events that engage the climbing community around sustainable access and conservation of the climbing environment.
- Represent and speak on behalf of Access Fund at industry events.
- Support corporate partners in telling their philanthropic story, and ensure that partners are well represented in Access Fund marketing and communication efforts.
- Engage partners to raise money for Access Fund through events and digital outreach opportunities.
- Contract, invoice, and report on corporate partner commitments; ensure corporate and member gym data is accurately and regularly maintained in the fundraising database.
- Oversee donation of in-kind goods to Access Fund and manage inventory to support marketing, communication, and fundraising efforts.
- Manage Access Fund’s employee pro purchase program with corporate partners.
- Keep Access Fund staff educated and engaged on the latest developments within the climbing and outdoor industry.
- Work with partners and staff to integrate and advance the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) into Access Fund partnerships and programs.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with our partners, community members, and staff from a diverse set of backgrounds.
- A four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work a consistent 40 hour week, with flexibility to travel and work nights/weekends for industry events
- A minimum of two years of fundraising experience or outdoor industry sales experience
- Be comfortable meeting new people, connecting with others, and speaking to groups
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and an ability to use a CRM database
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and fundraising tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess solid time and project management skills
- Passion for and understanding of or willingness to learn JEDI principles as applied to the work of nonprofit and community organizations
- Knowledge of climbing and an interest in climbing advocacy and the work of Access Fund
- Able to meet firm deadlines; comfortable with uncertainty and last-minute changes
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience managing business partnerships for nonprofits
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working in the climbing and/or outdoor industry; enjoy interacting with professional climbers, climbing industry representatives, and community members
- Understanding of the indoor climbing gym industry and clientele
- Experience working in a Salesforce environment
Essential Job Functions
- Moving and loading boxes weighing up to 30 pounds
- Loading event tables in and out of Access Fund vehicle
- Pitching and sandbagging a 10’x10’ pop-up tent
- Travel: frequent travel both by air and in Access Fund vehicle
- Standing for 4+ hours at a time during events
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $60,000 - $65,000/year DOE
- Generous time off, including paid holidays, vacation, sick time, personal time and flex time for nights and weekends worked
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as 403(b) retirement participation. Access Fund also offers 403(b) matching after one year of employment
- Participation in industry pro deal
- Climbing gym discounts depending on location
A NOTE ABOUT COVID-19
Access Fund will navigate this situation utilizing the best available national and local guidance. We are committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, board, volunteers, and supporters. Meanwhile, Access Fund will continue to operate at the fullest capacity possible to further our mission to keep climbing areas open and conserve the climbing environment. Currently, all Access Fund employees are working remotely. Stay tuned to our news channel for further updates.
To Apply: To view the job posting in its entirety, please go to www.accessfund.org/careers. Please send a resume and cover letter describing pertinent professional and personal experience with “Strategic Partnerships Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, June 29 at 5 p.m. MT. No phone calls, please.
Access Fund is an equal opportunity employer, compliant with all federal and applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Access Fund provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.