Director of Administration & Finance
- Experience Level
POSITION: Director of Administration & Finance for The Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta
ABOUT THE DIOCESE OF ATLANTA
The Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta is the 8th largest Diocese of the Episcopal Church’s 109 dioceses and has a membership of more than 50,000 Episcopalians in 117 worshiping communities in Middle and North Georgia including Episcopal Schools, colleges and universities and ministries to the poor and disenfranchised.
Numerous Youth groups, outreach, social justice and multicultural ministries are active within the diocese. The diocese of Atlanta is led by The Right Rev. Robert C. Wright D. D., the 10th Bishop of Atlanta, and an Executive Leadership Team of senior staff and advisors.
The Director of Administration & Finance position is exempt, full time and reports directly to the bishop and is a member of the bishop’s Executive Leadership Team. In collaboration with senior financial advisors and committees, this position is responsible for the financial management of The Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta, Inc. and related ministries and entities. Areas of responsibilities include general accounting, financial reporting, budget development, audit, benefits administration and management of staff performing finance and administration functions.
- Works collaboratively with the diocesan Treasurer, Finance Chair, Budget Committee Chair, Long Term Investment Committee, The Diocesan Foundation, The Episcopal Community Foundation, congregations and ministries to ensure transparency and trust in the diocesan financials.
- Continually assesses the mission strategy of the diocese against current financial trends and offers financial perspectives for Executive Team planning.
- Serves as a resource to congregations and ministries for advice and counsel on financial matters.
- Formulates policies, processes and procedures on banking, receipt and disbursement of funds, and accounting matters.
- Manages a staff of three full-time employees, encouraging professional development and reviewing performance.
- Oversees a complex, interrelated financial system including six main funds with combined assets of $38,000,000.
- Supports the annual budget process by gathering funding requests, projecting revenues, and drafting the $5 million diocesan operating budget based on the Diocesan purpose statement for review and approval by the Budget Committee and the governing bodies of the diocese.
- Supports the diocesan Long Term Investment Committee and The Diocesan Foundation Board.
- Maintains relationship with the audit firm, develops client deliverables, and manages the annual combined audit process.
- Four-year degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and/or CPA a plus.
- 10 years’ experience in accounting or finance and/or experience in a similar financial position or a combination of education and experience. Experience in Fund Accounting in a non-profit organization a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of leadership ability and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, multi-task and shift focus quickly and frequently and work in a digital environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to present financial information to those with no or limited financial background.
- Desire to work in a faith-based organization. The Episcopal Church is a very inclusive denomination and promotes the value of diversity. People from any faith background would be welcome. An understanding of the Episcopal Church and church polity, as well as an awareness of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta would be a plus.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Benefits including group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and pension.
- Submit cover letter and resume including contact information for three references.
- To submit an application CLICK HERE: Application for Lay Professional Opening