Warrior Navigator Internship
- Experience Level
The Warrior Alliance (TWA) is a Georgia based 501c3 non-profit organization that serves as a ‘backbone’ organization to connect veterans and their families to the services they need. Our unique collaboration model engages veterans through a high touch, high technology approach and coordinates their care via a seamless integrated services network. This combination works to simplify, accelerate, and streamline the process for veterans seeking help in all areas relating to transitioning from military service back into their communities.
The veteran demand for TWA’s services is growing and interest from companies seeking to become part of our business model is on the rise. Our strategic plan calls for serving over 5000 Georgia veterans by 2021 and working to maximize veteran experience, satisfaction and outcomes through collective impact. We view our data-driven business strategy as a critical success factor in maximizing our community integration model and measuring the quality of Warrior outcomes.
Under the general direction and supervision of the TWA Intake Coordinator, the Navigator Intern serves in a support role to review and update Warrior records, communicate with Warriors and their families to understand quality of life status and needs, and perform analysis of Warrior engagement data.
The primary duties that the Navigator Intern will perform include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and input general information about the Warrior and or Family Member to include verification of Military Service and key demographics.
- Respond to Warrior inquiries and direct to proper TWA resources.
- Conduct Warrior records and case data integrity reviews to ensure that all information regarding Warriors are accurate and up to date.
- Assist Warriors to complete Quality of Life surveys and access relevant information.
- Work with all TWA departments and Outreach team to ensure the TWA events calendar is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure compliance with internal standards, external or funder standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Update Warrior records in TWA’s Salesforce software system, WarriorServe® to include eligibility documents, assessment forms, information and referral logs, case notes, volunteer and donation logs, surveys, and other records as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with other organizations in a positive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social/clinical work or human health service related fields and at least 2 years of experience working in a structured environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude, proactive approach, customer-service mindset, and ability to motivate.
- Self-motivated, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) to effectively communicate with underserved and underprivileged populations.
- Exceptional research, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to multi-task while managing deadlines, to perform well under pressure and to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Effectively manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Organized, diligent, and able to troubleshoot, problem-solve and prioritize.