Online Events/Retreats Operations Manager
- Experience Level
Summary of Job
The Online Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of logistical planning, implementing and managing of Spirit Rock’s online retreats and events to include day and multi-day retreats, trainings, classes, drop-in programs, podcasts and other online offerings to ensure that all are offered in a manner that adheres to participant and teacher expectations and Spirit Rock’s standards.
Oversee and manage delivery of multiple live event program formats to include Livestream programs, Zoom offerings, simulcasts and live chat events, hosting online forums, webinars, topical summits. Responsibilities include a wide range of duties from serving as the team leader with strong staff management and communication skills to overseeing detailed technical productions, and troubleshooting issues.
This person manages event pre-planning and day-of logistics, and is responsible for overseeing the brand/experience for our teachers and participants. This person will need to have a degree of video production comfort in order to be able to troubleshoot and solve issues as they arise in both production staging and content delivery.
- Oversee the production and integration of SRMC produced Zoom and Livestream offerings onto various digital platforms, including the scheduling, and execution, recording and archiving of the events
- Work with staff to help facilitate their Livestream and Zoom production duties by sharing best practices, providing feedback, and helping identify technology solutions
- Grow our network of channels and pages across YouTube, Facebook, and other audience-facing platforms and help us reach new audiences in innovative ways
- Compose strategy documents and shape programming schedules to ensure consistent channel voice and curation cadence
- Take ownership of the live experience, driving potential issues to resolution in a timely fashion
- Work with the support team to field customer issues that have been advanced to our team and help develop solutions to reduce such issues from arising
- Supervise, train and manage all online Operations staff currently consisting of three FT Retreat Coordinators, one FT AV Engineer, Contracted and Extra Hire staff.
- Assess employee utilization and workload to determine appropriate staffing levels. If appropriate, develop business case to add/subtract/supplement headcount. Recruit, interview, hire and provide training/onboarding for new hires.
- Develop and manage all processes that outline daily, weekly and monthly work programs with timelines for completion
- Program Manager: to ensure development and implementation of clear guidelines for effective hand-off between initial program booking and event management process.
- Development Manager: to support donor events and livestreams.
- Communications/Marketing: to ensure alignment between marketing messages and program operations.
- Registration Manager: to ensure that operations are aligned w/ registration needs
- IT: to ensure all technology is aligned with SR resources and capacity
- Collaborate to achieve teaching team’s visions for events, by providing for the logistical needs of both teacher and staff.
- Ensure effective planning sessions and feedback opportunities for teachers related to the organization and logistics of the event.
- Ensure appropriate communication related to attendance numbers, supplemental materials, audiovisual and other logistical needs is offered to the teachers before, during and after the event.
- Five years of experience in event and/or hospitality management.
- Three years of experience in the field of information technology to include knowledge and experience with platforms such as Zoom and Livestream, Webinars, Podcasts and Learning Management Systems
- Experience in Zoom Hosting for large (500+) person events with complex technical needs including ASL interpretation, live-transcription closed captioning, and multimedia components.
- Experience with Livestream production for large (1000+) person events with complex technical needs including ASL interpretation, live transcription, closed captioning and multi-media components.
- Strong skills in project management, remote personnel management (including annual review and goal setting), workflow systems design and information management.
- Experience with and training about issues related to “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion” and a willingness to take an active role in organization-wide inclusion work related to race, ethnicity, physical ability, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation an age.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to engage in team work in a busy environment.
- Flexible schedule – willing to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Experience in process development, documentation, implementation and follow-through as related to project or event management.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent software.
- Experience with online collaborative software, including Slack, Asana and Gsuite.
- Knowledge of Theravada and other teachings as appropriate for Spirit Rock and ongoing Dharma practice.