- Experience Level
The Warrior Alliance (TWA) is a Georgia based 501c3 non-profit organization that serves as Georgia’s ‘backbone’ organization to connect veterans and their families to the services they need. Our unique collaboration model engages veterans through a high touch, high technology approach and coordinates their care via a seamless integrated services network. This combination works to simplify, accelerate, and streamline the process for veterans seeking help in all areas relating to transitioning from military service back into their communities.
TWA is a fast paced, action-oriented organization with a team that is built on a foundation of passion and desire to make a significant impact for veterans who live and work in our community. We are process-minded and metric driven, and seek individuals who thrive in an environment that holds ourselves and our partners accountable for achieving objectives.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Director, Warrior Engagement, the Warrior Navigator serves as the primary point of contact and implementation for the program services received by Veterans and their family members. This person works directly with Veterans and their family members in achieving their goals. U.S. Military Veteran preferred for this position, but not required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting intake and assessments with individuals to discover personal and family needs.
- Working with Veterans and/or family members to develop a holistic Warrior Care Plan that will guide the delivery of services and resources.
- Advocating for Veterans and their family members through the coordination of services.
- Assisting Veterans in understanding and managing their physical and/or mental health needs and providing appropriate referrals.
- Assisting Veterans by connecting them to resources and cohesive services that will help them feel supported.
- Assisting Veterans to access relevant information and support.
- Developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with community groups, partners, and resource agencies.
- Ensuring that the information and guidance supplied by The Warrior Alliance and other collaborating agencies are of the highest standard.
- Developing and maintain a system of referrals across a broad spectrum of agencies including medical, nonprofits, and government agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with internal standards, external or funder standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Working collaboratively with other organizations in a positive manner.
- Ensuring that Community Service Partners are providing holistic and comprehensive warrior care to all veterans receiving assistance.
- Working closely with Community Service Partners to monitor warrior engagement, progress, and needs; assist in problem-solving and provide support as needed.
- Updating Veteran records in The Warrior Alliance Salesforce software system to include eligibility documents, assessment forms, information and referral logs, case notes, volunteer and donation logs, surveys, and other records as assigned.
- Providing Veterans access to information regarding legal benefits and other resources that may enable them to address problematic circumstances.
- Assisting Veterans seeking assistance with the following resources:
- building, reinforcing, and managing their finances;
- strengthen their housing situation;
- seeking improved employment situation;
- pursuing education and training;
- seeking to improve their healthcare situation;
- expanding awareness of warrior legal issues.
- Working within the community to coordinate interagency referrals.