Climate Programs Data Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Climate Programs Data Manager
Second Nature seeks an entry-level Climate Programs Data Manager to support the administration, implementation, and outreach related to Second Nature’s programs. This position will primarily manage contacts and support outreach related to the Climate Leadership Network, and will provide additional data-based support around Second Nature's cross sector, policy, and strategic partnership initiatives. The ideal candidate will be organized with an eye for detail as well as technically savvy with contact management software and will be comfortable communicating with a variety of campus stakeholders in support of their Climate Leadership Commitments.
The Climate Programs Data Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Climate Programs and work across the Second Nature team to advance Second Nature’s mission of accelerating climate action in and through higher education.
While accessibility to Second Nature’s Boston office is preferred, remote work is an option for this position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Database management, including identifying database management efficiencies and maintaining a database management operations guide
- Supporting Climate Leadership Network signatories with basic greenhouse gas inventory help and answering questions related to annual public reporting
- Preparation of data for internal tracking and external communication of resources, opportunities, and recognition of performance
- Providing logistical support for Offset Network and the Carbon Credit and Purchasing Program (C2P2)
- Contribute creative thinking on how to most effectively develop and implement program activities
- Other duties may include contributing and editing program content, research, and presenting at conferences, etc...)
We seek an energetic and organized individual who enjoys interacting with people and team collaboration. An ideal candidate is passionate about supporting the climate and sustainability efforts of higher education institutions including a focus on supporting minority serving and under-resourced institutions. Other qualifications include:
- At least one year experience with database management and customer relationship management (CRM) software, preferably Salesforce.
- Superb knowledge of Excel/ Google Sheets
- Experience with or ability to learn new software platforms e.g. Zapier, Campaign Monitor, Egnyte, Formstack/Webmerge Documents
- Strong interest in energy, climate change or sustainability issues
- Degree in sustainability, organizational management, environmental studies, communications, database management, or related fields
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to finding solutions and creating and continually improving systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including professional telephone communications and strong writing and data analysis ability
- General knowledge of the Second Nature's programs, greenhouse gas accounting, climate resilience and sustainability in higher education is preferred
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien to apply
This is a full-time, entry-level, salaried position in the range of $45,000-$50,000. A competitive benefits package is provided. Applications will start being reviewed on June 1st, and the application period will close Friday, June 11th. Preferred start date is on or before July 1, 2021.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Women and/or minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration here: https://secondnature.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0ug27?source=
Direct your cover letter to: Stephen Muzzy, Senior Manager of Climate Programs, Second Nature.