- Degree Level
- High School
Position: Dietary Aide
Department: Dining Services
Reports to: Dining Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the Dining Services Team and meeting the expectations of the residents by providing excellent customer service and enhanced dining experience. Dietary Aide will be responsible for serving residents, light food preparations, cleaning and sanitation, dishes and pot washing when appropriate, serve in Memory Care Kitchen, Temperature keeping log, communicating daily specials and other assigned duties as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (competencies and responsibilities) acceptably. Have the ability to put the resident’s care first.
Ability to clearly articulate instructions through verbal and written communications.
1. Maintaining the flow of service from the kitchen to the dining room to ensure all residents receive their requested food and beverages as ordered and in a timely manner.
2. Dietary Aides are also responsible for keeping the dining room clean and service area stocked, ready at all times.
3. Provide quick, efficient and pleasant meal experience, ensuring that food quality standards and service are met.
4. Participate in daily huddles and transcribe/explain meals to residents as dictated by the Chef or supervisors.
5. Ensure food safety by proper handling of dishes, glassware and utensils. (Handwashing, hair-net, glove use)
6. High degree of service expectation and a positive attitude.
7. Follow Task List; Station Assignments; Fill-in Temperature Log; Complete and Sign-off on Daily Projects.
8. Flexible schedule, including availability to work weekends and holidays.
9. Ability to work within a TEAM and be selfless toward residents and guests.
10. Put your Resident FIRST.
Education and/or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent at minimum.
2. At least 1 years prior job-related experience in Assisted Living, Long Term Care, Hotel, Restaurant etc. (Previous health care food service experience preferred)
3. Knowledge of Kosher Laws/Standards a plus.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; ability to sit for 80% of the day; ability to stand for long periods of time as needed (i.e. for events, etc.)
To Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the staff member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.