Mobile Pantry Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Tri-City Volunteers Food Bank (“TCV”) is seeking a mission-driven Mobile Pantry Coordinator that can meet our clients literally where they are and deliver our hunger relief programs in food deserts far away from our base of operations. TCV’s Mobile Pantry program is targeted to address hunger in underserved locations in Southern Alameda County. With an emphasis on fresh produce, TCV’s Mobile Pantry improves access to healthy foods for residents of low-income neighborhoods throughout our service area. As our Mobile Pantry Coordinator, you will be a key member in expanding and maintaining this innovative program. The job is varied, challenging and fun for someone who enjoys direct client service. You will be a valuable contributor to our small but dedicated team!
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Tri-City Volunteers Food Bank is a non-profit organization that provides food assistance to the residents of Alameda County. We are the largest client-direct food bank in the area. We serve up to 6,000 individuals EVERY MONTH through our marketplace and bag lunch programs and with COVID-19, those numbers have risen exponentially. With a staff of 6, a volunteer force of almost 1,900 individuals, and a cash budget that barely breaks $600,000, we are extremely efficient in distributing over 6 million pounds of food annually. We serve all low-income residents of Alameda County. Many of our clients come from migrant families, are under-employed, or are facing unemployment due to disability, a lack of relevant work skills, or other barriers.
What You’ll Do
The Mobile Pantry is responsible for execution of TCV’s Mobile Pantry Program. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Mobile Pantry Coordinator oversees emergency food distribution at various locations in southern Alameda County to close gaps in food safety net. Responsibilities include day-to-day oversight of individual and group volunteers at the mobile pantry sites; setting up and breaking down the farmers’ market model that allows our clients the dignity of choosing the foods that meet their cultural and family needs; planning and organizing the inventory needed at each location based and demand; executing engagement initiatives at TCV’s main location and out in the community.
What You’ll Bring to TCV
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in program coordination or management role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ providing excellent customer service to diverse, low-income communities and/or successful community engagement with community-based organizations serving low-income communities
- Strong organizational and project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience organizing events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with presentations and public speaking.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency w/ MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to occasionally attend functions/activities outside normal hours.
- Valid California driver’s license with insurable driving record. Vehicle ownership not required.
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment; high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Multi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or other Asian languages
- Experience with scheduling software), donor databases and/or MS Access a plus
- Experience in client-facing social services nonprofit organization. Food banking experience a plus.
- Operations and supervisory experience in food supply chain or emergency food systems
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of southern Alameda County, including the Union City – Newark- Fremont corridor
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-orientation- able to interact effectively, politely, and productively with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations. Comfortable working with non-English speaking and culturally diverse clients.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
- Strong team player with the ability to balance operational and organizational needs
This position is in an open warehouse environment and open outdoor setting for more than 75% of the scheduled shift exposed to seasonal weather temperatures. Able to perform the following duties with or without accommodation:
- Participate or assist in physical tasks and activities which include but are not limited to bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, stooping, and reaching above shoulder height to moving product and equipment more than 70 lbs.
- Work with staff in a warehouse environment with temperatures ranging from minus 2 degrees to above 90 degrees.
- Traverse the warehouse floor frequently throughout the day to execute duties
- Stand/sit for duration of scheduled shift
- Able to operate computer equipment
- Mobility to respond to moving vehicles, equipment, and loud noises/sounds typical in a warehouse setting
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt on-site position working 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm with a 30-minute unpaid meal period (remote work is not available). The non-negotiable starting hourly wage for this position is $29.82/hour or $54,287 annualized based on a 35-hour workweek.
TCV offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage: TCV pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage.Employees may opt to pay premium(s) to add their dependents to our plans.
- Paid Time Off (PTO):Employees are eligible to accrue up to 72 hours of paid time off and 24 hours of paid sick leave in your first year
- Paid Holidays: Ten (10) paid holidays annually
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please sure to include the following information to help us consider your application:
- Where you’re located in the world
- A phone number where you can be reached
- How you heard about the position
- Whether or not you have the permanent, unrestricted, legal right to work in the United States, as TCV cannot sponsor visas at this time.
Due to our size and increased demand for our services, we are unable to take phone calls.
Tri City Volunteers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the TCV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Event Planning Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Program / Project Management Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont
- Volunteer Services Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Fremont