Executive Officer Assistant
- Experience Level
Lassen Fire Safe Council, Inc. (LFSC) is initiating outreach to hire an Assistant to the Board’s Executive Officer. The individual will serve “at the will” of the Board of Directors and there will be a 6-month probationary period after hiring to ensure the individual is the right fit for the job. The hired individual will be part of a team that together ensures that funds continue to come in to support restoration efforts, our organization and the position.
- The individual must have good public relations skills.
- The individual will ideally have some knowledge of non-profit operations, but this is not critical; it can be learned on the job.
- Some basic knowledge of forestry will also be helpful.
- The individual must have skills with the use of the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Adobe Software
- Familiarity with ESRI ARCH GIS or Delorme GIS programs will also be helpful. Familiarity with contractor supervision and management will be helpful. The individual will also be required to occasionally drive a LFSC vehicle to various sites in Northern California and therefore must have a clean driving record (no tickets for 6 years) so that the individual can be covered by our automobile insurance carrier. The position will be considered full time, with a portion of that being flex time, and will be based in our Susanville area/Richmond Road Office. The individual will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to follow through with assigned tasks with minimal oversight. Employment activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Estimated office hours of 40 hours a week
- Working closely with LFSC’s Executive Officer and Executive Officer Assistant on organization development, administration, grant applications and outreach strategies
- Assist with social media and website development & content
- Assist with project development and management
- Community outreach
- Landowner signups
- Upkeep of organization records
- Development of new programs
- Public presentations
- Central contact for our organization through our provided cell phone (the individual will need to live in an area with reliable cellphone service).
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range $50-$60k annually, based on the level of experience.
Employee benefits package which includes:
- Employer paid stipend toward health, dental, vision and life insurance plans for employee
- Retirement 401(k) plan includes a 5% matching company contribution;
- 80 hours of annual paid vacation after 1st year, increasing to 120 hours after 3rd year of employment
- 8 paid holidays
For an employment application please email:
Lassen Fire Safe Council, Inc.