Director of Finance and Administration
- Experience Level
ABOUT THE ATLANTA POLICE FOUNDATION
The Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), established in 2003, brings together the public and private sectors, with the mission of making Atlanta a safer city for residents and visitors. Through public safety strategies and partnerships, the Foundation, a 501(c) 3, provides a means for individuals, community members, and businesses to engage and donate funds, with an ultimate goal of preventing and reducing crime. The Foundation’s programs address the city’s public safety needs, including increasing police visibility, using state-of-the-art technology to fight and prevent crime and working to create strong leaders in the Atlanta Police Department through enhanced training. For more information about the Atlanta Police Foundation, please visit: www.atlantapolicefoundation.org.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner and report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, board governance, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations as APF continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Oversee the annual finance planning/budgeting processes and prepare the annual operating budget.
- Prepare monthly profit/loss, balance sheet, and cash flow financial statements.
- Monitor, interpret, and present financial results of operations and programs each month.
- Serve as financial liaison with the board, providing financial reports in addition to overseeing and leading board meeting logistics, ensuring adherence to by-laws, tracking board member engagement, and other board-related duties.
- Coordinate the annual audit with an independent CPA and prepare the IRS 990 form.
- Oversee licensing, Secretary of State reporting, annual property tax exemptions, insurance, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits including PTO accrual and retirement plans.
- Create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure efficient functioning and documentation for all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billing, bookkeeping, budgeting, and accounting.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for foundation grants and track reporting of foundation project/program budgets and expenditures.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Supervises the Accounting Coordinator to ensure proper execution of the responsibilities listed above.
HUMAN RESOURCES, TECHNOLOGY AND ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for administration of semi-monthly payroll.
- Further develop APF’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, training, and recruiting.
- Advise and counsel the management team on personnel and management issues.
- Advise and counsel staff on personnel policies and procedures including compensation, recruitment, and performance.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Negotiate leases as needed
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Ensures placement and administration of insurance programs including retention analyses, coverage negotiations, and policy/certificate maintenance,
- Manage certificate of insurance tracking program for vendors, installers, and others with contractual obligations.
- Oversee the technological needs of the organization for both efficiency and growth.
- Supervises the Front Office Coordinator and Operations Manager to ensure proper execution of the responsibilities listed above.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or other related degrees.
- At least 5-7 years of overall professional experience; ideally 4+ years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in grants management.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity for managing and leading people.
- Ability to think creatively about staffing and organizational structure.
- Experience implementing HR policies and serving as a resource for staff.
- Experience managing New Market Tax Credit financing
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Background working with QuickBooks
- Background working with DonorPerfect or related fundraising database
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application: Director of Finance and Administration" in the subject
**No phone calls please**
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Disaster Services / Public Safety $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Disaster Services / Public Safety $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Human Resources / Recruiting Disaster Services / Public Safety $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta