Chief Financial Officer
- Experience Level
JOB DESCRIPTION: Functions as the Corporate Chief Financial Officer to establish and maintain sound fiscal policies for the Pastoral Institute. Works closely with the Leadership Team to meet strategic goals established by the Board and Leadership Team. Manages in coordination with the Leadership Team all legal/liability issues of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares detailed annual budget (working with Leadership) for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
- Establishes and provides monthly program feedback relative to income, expenses and other budgetary matters.
- Has direct responsibility for the coordination of all financial matters concerning the Pastoral Institute operations.
- Reviews and approves Business Office Policies and Procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervises all general accounting functions and periodically reviews and upgrades financial management reporting system.
- Reviews and approves all grant funds.
- Assures appropriate and cost-effective insurance coverage; professional liability, building contents.
- Reviews, approves, and executes all financial agreements of the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation of all taxes and financial audits; assists in the completion of necessary surveys.
- Coordinates personnel functions with special emphasis on the financial aspects of the fringe benefit program to include Workman's Comp, health/life/disability.
- Upon request, reviews detailed cost analysis on projected new programs that meet strategic goals.
- Coordinates all legal matters of the corporation.
- Serves as the Red Flag Compliance Officer.
- Stays abreast of national trends and innovations in financial administration.
- Consistently continues education and research to improve organizational programs and self-growth.
- Provides liaison with the Board of Trustees on financial matters; works closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Monitors bank and Trust Accounts in coordination with the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees and assists Asset Managers with a selection of investments and administration of Trust Account.
- Attend all Leadership and Board Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.