- Degree Level
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations management and financial performance of the home care unit, including providing direction and oversight for daily operations, ensuring quality service to residents, meeting all compliance, and regulatory requirements, and achieving business growth and financial performance targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years ‘ experience within a private duty home care agency, retirement community or multi-family residential property with significant level of responsibility and accountability for goal achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve financial targets in multiple units.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work nights and weekends.
- Database maintenance and reporting skills
- Reliable transportation to visit potential clients and referral sources
- General knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding private duty home care, senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior home care.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs a plus
- Supports Jewish HomeLife’s mission at all times.
- Directs the program’s daily operations which consist of identifying responsibilities to be performed and divided among direct reports or divisions in order to maximize business efficiency and productivity. Sets up daily, weekly procedures to be followed to ensure tasks are delegated and follow up is completed.
- Specifies organizational tasks and relationships associated to the organization’s goals and objectives to achieve coordinated efforts and responsibilities. Establishes a functional quality assurance program to assess existing systems, regulatory issues and audit of files and charts.
- Evaluate staff competency and skills. Leads and directs the organization to one common goal.
- Develops emergency preparedness plans for implementation with support of the Quality and Training Department.
- Ensures the highest quality of products and services.
- Ensures that total customer satisfaction at all levels is the top priority.
- Evaluates adequate staffing needs. Responsible to oversee and assure orientation of new staff with Human Resources.
- Develops a cohesive team. Maintains a working atmosphere which is supportive of staff and keeps them informed. Actively works to retain staff. Provide clear direction to staff.
- Ensures compliance of the departmental operations and staff familiarity with federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Responsible for compliance to human resource policy and procedures, including but not limited to salary administration, performance management, employee relations, progressive discipline, and compliance to government regulations.
- Implements required staff training and development. Assures continuing education requirements are met.
- Appoints an authorized representative to serve during absences, meeting state standards where applicable.
- Review all incident and accident reports.
- Provides timely reports on operations status to COO in oral and written form on consistent basis.
- Works with marketing department and home care Sales Manager to achieve budgeted growth projections.
- Maintains and enhances current customer base.
- Identifies customer needs for new products and markets.
- Creates a business marketing plan in partnership with Jewish HomeLife’s marketing department.
- Develops a positive professional relationship with residents, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate publics.
- Implements and monitors the budget.
- Develops and prepares the annual budget in partnership with the COO and CFO.
- Tracks and controls general and administrative expenses.
- Analyzes and manages financial reports.
- Evaluates and manages labor costs and margins.
- Reviews resident financial records for consistency and accuracy in billing.
- Analyzes the operational break-even point.
- Manages and negotiates contracts with communities, outside agencies and vendors.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the staff member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds; Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time as needed.
Mental Requirements: Ability to work collaboratively with team members, make decisions on a regular basis with regards to the operations of the agency, ability to interpret data and apply as necessary, ability to problem solve on situations that occur within the agency.
To Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org