Director of Membership
- Experience Level
Membership Retention and Recruitment
- Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members and growth of new members, according to marketing plan and Board of Trustees goals.
- Coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate all membership and renewal activities, including new member, renewal, and potential member mailings.
- Work with appropriate teams to develop programs and services for members.
- Coordinate all details of membership, society, or division meetings (and receptions) including development of materials, working with other staff to obtain information for dissemination, and ensuring meeting logistics are handled.
- Develop membership marketing and promotional materials, including applications, welcome kits, certificates, membership cards, and other collateral, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications departments.
- Work with Finance department to ensure financial tracking of membership.
- Oversee membership booth details for any conferences including development of materials, shipping and receiving of exhibits, ensuring exhibits are complete and in good working condition, ordering signage and other materials for booth, etc.
- Ensure membership lists are updated on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain membership reporting including member counts and financial reports
Chapter, Technical Society & Division Management
- Work with volunteer leaders of chapters, societies and divisions to enable alignment with Institute goals, including recruitment and retention of members and development of programs and services for members.
- Oversee Membership Coordinator in managing, tracking and evaluating all chapter, society and division membership and legitimacy.
- Work with Finance department to ensure financial tracking of chapter, society and division membership.
- Develop marketing and promotional materials for chapter, society and division member recruitment and retention with the Communications and Marketing departments.
- Work with database administrator to ensure membership information is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Work with Global Director of Strategic Alliances to ensure that partnerships and affiliations with external organizations are tracked and to ensure fulfillment of membership obligations.
- Develop promotional materials, working with the Communications and Marketing departments, to promote benefits of partnerships and affiliations.
- Work with webinar administrators, Society and Division leaders, as well, to produce/coordinate special programming for webinars.
- Work with Communications and Marketing department to coordinate membership information and communicate that information to the membership. Coordinate ideas and messages for e-blast and other announcements.
- Work with staff on communicating member needs, services and pertinent information.
- Respond to requests for information from members and other constituents.
- Develop membership specific budgets and track financial progress of member recruitment, and retention to share at Board of Trustee meetings.
- Suggest new polices and updates to existing policies related to membership/chapters/societies/divisions.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Serve on the IISE Management Team.
- This includes both business management and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to negotiate the needs of members/volunteers alongside the overall needs of the organization
- High-level technical skills with the ability to use technology tools to continuously improve the member/volunteer experience and streamline processes
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ nonprofit experience
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service
- Database management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to meet deadlines