Associate Manager, Grants Administration
- Position Type
- Full Time
Overdeck Family Foundation was founded in 2011 by John and Laura Overdeck with the goal of providing all children the opportunity to unlock their potential. We focus exclusively on enhancing education, funding efforts both inside and outside of school in the areas of early childhood, informal STEM education, and K-9 programs that include supporting educators and student-centered learning environments.
Our grantmaking and strategic support focus on unlocking innovation, evidence, and growth opportunities for organizations and researchers that are committed to accelerating key academic and socioemotional outcomes for all children. We fund both direct impact organizations and ecosystem efforts that clear the path to scale for our grantees and the work that they do.
Overdeck Family Foundation seeks to hire an Associate Manager, Grants Administration who will be responsible for managing the administration, operational efficiency, and effectiveness of grant-related transactions. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and knowledge pertaining to grants management. They will demonstrate a strong sense of collaboration and initiative while providing independent judgement. They'll also demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and the ability to work in diverse teams and be exceedingly good at working on projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for the administrative review of grant requests and supporting documentation for adequacy and accuracy; monitoring grantee payments and reports; overseeing usage of the grants management system; leveraging the grants administration system to drive data quality and analysis; training and supporting program staff on grant policies, practices, and systems; and assisting grantees to understand their administrative responsibilities under the terms of the grant.
Visit www.overdeck.org for more information
What You’ll Help Us Do:
○ Ensure grant materials and documentation are collected in compliance with relevant IRS regulations and OFF requirements
○ Generate and process grant agreements for approved grants
○ Review and support grant modification requests
○ Correspond with grantees and grant applicants pertaining to requirements and deadlines
○ Maintain grantmaking calendar and work cross functionally to assist with preparation of materials for board meetings
Grantmaking Policy and Compliance
○ Support development of and adherence to grantmaking policies
○ Identify and address legal/compliance questions and risks (in consultation with outside counsel)
○ Advise program team on grant funding structure
○ Establish and ensure compliance with grant documentation retention policies
○ Maintain accurate records of correspondence and payments for external auditors
Grants Management System
○ Aid in identifying and transitioning OFF into a Grants Management System
○ Design and implement training to help others learn and succeed in grants management systems
○ Monitor and guide effective usage of the grants management system by OFF staff and grantees
○ Ensure the completeness and accuracy of grant data in the grants management system
○ Generate recurring and ad hoc reports and analyses using data in the system
○ Support projects to enhance grantmaking processes and systems
Who You Are
An operator. You are able to make plans to effectively map and execute complex projects with multiple stakeholders. You are able to autonomously manage yourself and the actions of others who do not report into you with very little oversight. Most importantly, you love this type of work. You are detail and data oriented with the ability to manage the organization towards data accuracy.
Highly relational. You are able to work well with OFF staff members at all levels because you are kind, thoughtful and curious. You enjoy interacting with others and would quickly grow to be a strong representative of OFF to external audiences. You approach grants administration work in a way that is fully centered on a customer service mindset.
A grants management expert. You possess a full understanding of the grant lifecycle, grant craft and grant management best practices, and relevant IRS regulations. You are able to leverage this knowledge to build streamlined systems that make life easier for others while anticipating and mitigating risk.
A smart, eager learner. You take a nuanced and rigorous approach to your work, both able to act on well-informed hypotheses and willing to change your mind. You use your critical thinking and quantitative analysis skills to see patterns, guide smart decision-making, and evaluate opportunities.
A values driven and empathetic human. You operate with a high level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence and you value the same in your colleagues. You engage in conflict confidently and with kindness. You are excited about working in an environment where complex problems are being considered. You are able to articulate and navigate tensions with an orientation towards understanding and valuing multiple perspectives. You don’t shy away from holding two opposing ideas at once and you are comfortable with not knowing or not agreeing and committing.
What You’ve Done
● Minimum of 5 years of grants management experience, preferably at foundation or funding organizations. Candidates with experience with high volume grants management work at a grant seeking organization are also encouraged to apply.
● Experience working within a grants management software program or similar CRM
How to Apply
Overdeck Family Foundation has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on our search for the Associate Manager, Grants Administration. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to Aramis Grant (email@example.com). RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.