Development Operations and Database Manager
- Experience Level
Program Purpose: The mission of the San Francisco Free Clinic is to provide free, accessible medical care to those with no health insurance, and to advance the field of primary care by helping to train future medical practitioners.
Job Summary: The Development Operations and Database Manager supports the San Francisco Free Clinic’s fundraising efforts by communicating effectively with donors and ensuring accurate and timely data entry into database and financial software. This position is responsible for managing gift processes, including entering contributions into Raiser's Edge (Database and NXT) and Quickbooks, producing acknowledgement letters, and managing the pledge collection process. The Development Operations and Database Manager also produces reports and assists with projects as assigned by the Treasurer and Clinic Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all charitable contributions to San Francisco Free Clinic into Raiser’s Edge (Database and NXT) and Quickbooks, produces donor acknowledgement letters for approval and signature by development staff.
- Generates credit card and direct debit transactions for charitable gifts.
- Produces pledge reminder letters and contacts donors when pledge payments have lapsed.
- Assists with letter merges, printing, signatures and mailings.
- Addresses questions and concerns from donors verbally and in writing.
- Maintains organized hard copy and electronic giving files.
- Updates constituent data daily and performs larger data entry projects monthly and yearly.
- Prepares giving reports and financial reports for clinic staff and director’s meetings.
- Assists with updating gift processing procedures based on best practices for data entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Provides basic Raiser’s Edge training for staff and volunteers.
- Attends continuing education events to maintain and advance knowledge on Raisers Edge database management and security.
- Assists with clinic fundraising events.
- Acts as admin for Blackbaud, Quickbooks, and other software as needed to manage passwords and troubleshoot access and usage issues.
- Coordinates creation of financial reports with Bookkeeper and CPA.
- Participates in annual clinic audit as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of experience using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (Database and NXT) and Quickbooks required.
- 3 years of experience working in a non-profit setting required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices and IRS regulations for charitable contributions to non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of fundamental fundraising concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to craft effective donor communications.
- Desire to support the San Francisco Free Clinic’s goals and mission.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking: Ability to address new and routine issues, identify opportunities for process improvements, and recommend solutions to supervisor.
- Independence and Decision Making: Ability to work independently, prioritize work, manage time, and make decisions guided by the department’s gift and data entry procedures.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external constituents.
- Oral Communications: Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors, families and external customers on the phone and in person.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by identifying issues, offering ideas, and respecting team members.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: Must be able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality for sensitive and confidential information.
For more information on San Francisco Free Clinic, please see our website at: www.sffc.org
Please submit resume, cover letter, three references and salary requirement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height, or AIDS/HIV status.