Associate Director of Public Relations
- Experience Level
Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), the Associate Director Public Relations is responsible for the creation and implementation of PR strategy for internal and external audiences, and is the principal media representative to all international, national, regional, and local press outlets. This role serves as a key liaison and collaborates closely with all Atlanta Ballet departments to synchronize integrated marketing and leverage earned media with the goal of brand elevation.
- Manage the creation and execution of public relations plans for Atlanta Ballet and its Centre for Dance Education, including performances, classes, community engagement programs and special events (i.e., fundraisers, ball, and board-related activities, etc.).
- Serve as the spokesperson communicating with the media and the public as needed.
- Manage overall press strategy
- Work cross-functionally with Atlanta Ballet departments (Centre for Dance Education, Advancement, Artistic, Production, Community Engagement, etc.) to provide counsel related to PR and social media activities for programs, initiatives, sponsorship/donor obligations, etc.
- Provide proactive solutions to crisis management issues and delicate matters with potential to impact public perception; be able to craft and tailor specific messaging in executive and/or brand voice according to internal (i.e., dancers, staff, Board of Trustees) and external (i.e., media, stakeholders, public) audiences.
- Supervise social media manager to effectively implement social media plans to extend the reach of earned, owned, and paid media in order to create a community of online patrons, and increase engagement.
- Create, evolve, and build narratives that reflect Atlanta Ballet’s mission, vision, and values. Develop content strategies and leverage storytelling to produce engaging editorial content.
- Develop key messages as needed in response to media inquiries.
- Prepare executive leadership to serve confidently as spokespersons to deliver statements and important talking points in media interviews, broadcast appearances, speaking engagements and large meetings/events.
- Establish and maintain key media relationships across traditional and new media platforms.
- Serve as primary marketing/PR liaison to Company dancers to fulfill any PR-related requests for guest appearances or personal needs. Manage approval process of images, including approval of the artistic director, dancers, and choreographer, when needed. Work with Company Manager, Production staff, and Artistic Director to ensure Atlanta Ballet PR activities are in accordance with the dancers’ union and Atlanta Ballet dancer contracts